OCtolapse and Cancel Object plugin

Just had a rather frustrating eperience with octolapse and Cancel Object plugin.
I had two Easter Eggs printing, with some leftover White PLA, and decided to feed Black PLA when white ran out, I did so, it worked, but after about 15 layers one of the eggs came unstuck from the bed so I used the Cancel Object plugin to ignore that egg and continue with the other. That worked.
Octolapse disagreed. When it was its time to take a snapshot, it threw a couple errors and would not let the print continue. The hotend was stuck in the same position, slowly oozing plastic, I could not pause, cancel or alter the print in any way, I eventually had to power off the printer, diconnect the USB cable and reconnect it, reboot OctoPi.

Errors from Octolapse log:

2020-09-15 17:33:51,692 - octolapse.timelapse - ERROR - The snapshot position is None.  Either the print has cancelled or a timeout has been reached. 
2020-09-15 17:42:22,270 - octolapse.timelapse - ERROR - The snapshot position is None.  Either the print has cancelled or a timeout has been reached.

Printer is Creality CR 10 MAX, Octolapse settings are:
Stabilization> Centered
Trigger> Smart - Compatibility
Rendering> MP4 60 FPS

No customization on those settings has been performed, they are vanilla.

Any way to avoid this from happening? I shiver at the thought I could have 15 objects on the bed at the same time and all 15 would have been ruined because I don't have a way to tell OctoLapse to cancel, stop, pause or just get out of the way.