Octolapse not rendering at set fps

Hi all,

I've been using Octolapse for ages and love it but i've just come across a problem i cant seem to fix. Ive just found that all of my videos have been rendered at 25 fps instead of 60 fps as selected in the rendering options. I see Octoprints default time lapse is 25 fps and i'm wondering what setting i'm missing to over ride this default?
I'm using a Logitech C920 which as far as i can tell is configured correctly.

Thanks

Look at your 'rendering' profile and make sure it's set to

FPS Type - Static FPS
Static FPS - 60

If that is your configuration, perhaps there is some issue. Can you post a rendered timelapse too?

Let me know if that helps!

Sorry for the late reply. Yes i have static fps set at 60 fps.

Here are the file details showing 25fps:

Here is a video

Sandworm video

Thanks

1 Like

Ug, I see. I've been researching this and have come up with a few leads. I'll report back later in the weekend.

Thanks for posting the video! This is the first time I've seen anyone use the text overlay :slight_smile: I'm glad this is being used!

Thanks Brad.

It's still by far my favorite plugin! The text overlay was a great addition!

I actually plan on doing an entirely fresh install on a new pi 3B+. Will be interesting to see if it happens on the fresh install.

Cheers

HI all,

I've just set up the Octopi and Octolapse plugin. Really loving it!

But I'm also experiencing the FPS issue. It seems that no matter what "Rendering" I choose, the rendered video is always in 25FPS only.

What am I doing wrongly?

Thanks.

Whoops, I forgot to post an update to this issue! I've found the bug and traced it to the avconv/ffmpeg arguments that are generated during the rendering process. This cannot be fixed by changing your settings, but has been tacked in one of the development branches. The fix will be included in the next release of Octolapse.

Sorry for the confusion! I'm not sure how I missed this for so long, but better late than never!

Thank you very for the reply and the great work!

1 Like