Octolapse - Replicator 2 Settings?

Hi everyone,

I recently set up Octoprint to use with my MakerBot Replicator 2 (not a clone).

Finally I have prints working quite well (only with MakerBot slicer, which is fine for me). I had a spare USB camera module laying around so I thought I'd set up Octoprint to take time lapses of some of my builds.

Octolapse was an obvious choice, and definitely made it sound easy to do. But that has not been my experience. I'm sure it's great for those who have printers already supported. I recently looked through the GitHub history of the Octolapse project and saw that, at one point at least, there was support for the MakerBot Replicator series.

Octolapse has an overwhelming number of options to configure and the underlying logic in how these settings are used is quite vague at times. I appreciate the capability for advanced users to configure it exactly how they want, but it seems like it could've been simplified a bit for users like me.

Anyway, I have tried a bunch of options to try and get Octolapse to work properly with my replicator. The problems I am having are:

1.) In layer trigger mode, Octolapse sees only the first layer (may be the priming stage, where the printer prints a line on the front edge of the bed before printing the actual model). Octolapse will not trigger again after this. The height always stays at 0mm.
2.) In z-hop trigger mode, the z-hop trigger icon changes every now and then but does not cause any capture to take place

These first two issues may be related to the fact that the z-axis is inverted on the replicator. Not sure though, because the documentation doesn't really go into detail as to how a new "layer" is detected.

I then tried manually inserting "snap" gcode commands into my print just as a test. Octolapse docked the extruder at the correct location (the Replicator uses absolute coordinates to my knowledge, so I just set it to the fixed "heating" location) but then proceeds to slam the extruder into the opposite end of the x-axis while continuing the print!

Has anyone out there had any luck configuring octolapse to work with a MakerBot Replicator 2?