OctoPi with CR-10S Pro V2

Hello! Confused new user here. I am trying to use OctoPi and some plugins with my new Creality CR-10S Pro V2. I’m still trying to figure out the workflow. Is it fair to say that if a function is supported by my OctoPi, while also supported natively on the printer, that I should only use the functions (e.g leveling/Z offset) either in Octoprint or on the printer (where OcP would simply serve as a job-launcher), rather than across both?

Thanks!

I guess everyone has their own opinion - if you ask me - yes use those functions on either device and don't mix them. :slight_smile:

Thanks very much. I think I’ve been doing a little here, a little there. I’ve gotten lucky on a few prints but the last couple of times, even though I think I’ve gotten Z offset dialed in, when I launch the print, Z goes to zero. (Nozzle exactly touching the bed), “ smearing’” the first layer and clogging the nozzle (using PETG). I guess I just don’t understand the relationship between Octoprint and the printers firm/software. Sounds like it’s really a wholesale replacement. I’ll try only setting things up via octoprint and some leveling/Z plugin. Thanks again!

You might try it without autoleveling once and see if that was what was changing things.

Will do. Thx!

Is it just me or is OctoPrint really messing with the Z-Offset of this printer?

Slicing and saving to SD SD-Card deliver nicely sticked down prints. Printing via OctoPrint does something very weird and I can still not lay my finger on it...

And I do not have any additional G-Code configured in OctoPrint.

Help!!!

Have you found a solution ?