Octoprint 1.7.0 fails to connect to printer, 1.6.0 is fine

Not sure it has been reported or not but 1.7.0 has connection problems, or at least it does for me.

I had been on 1.6.0 for some time ,and today I upgraded to octoprint 1.7.0 but now octoprint is unable to connect to my prusa mk2s+ printer. It times out waiting on a response from the printer as it goes through all the different baud rates, no matter how many times I try and even after several reboots of the pi itself. So, I have now downgraded back to version 1.6.0 and octoprint is able to connect to the printer just fine.

The only way we would be able to look into this is with the log files from the connection attempts, on both versions.

Also does the problem appear in safe mode in 1.7.0 or not ? Also please activate serial logging, as it could give us more detailed information about the issue

Thanks @Charlie_Powell, I am printing something right now, so I will collect logs from both versions after this completes.

Thanks @SwHawk I did not know there was a "Safe Mode". I will try that too after this print completes.

False alarm! For some reason, the upgrade to 1.7.0 changed the printer's port to /dev/USB (or something like that), but my printer is on /dev/ttyACM0... So, after I noticed that change, I was able to switch it to the correct port and it connected just fine.