Octoprint addon for kodi

Hey guys,

I put together a plugin for kodi, that shows the webcam, print stats, and even let's you pause the print!

A great way to check on your printer when watching tv :stuck_out_tongue: you can even pause failed prints!
I also have a small script that when combined with gcode commands plugin, allows octoprint to pop up the kodi addon screen if specific gcode events occur!

Any one want this, not sure where to post it, I'll be setting up Github later and I'll post a link.

Edit:

MaritimeMaker

4 Likes

Yes man, great idea. :+1:t2:

Any one interested can find it here

You can also pause/resume prints by hitting space, enter, or select.

1 Like

Repo is not public @Maritime_Maker so no love for the masses...

@jneilliii Very sorry, didnt realize it wasn't public by default, fixed now!

@Maritime_Maker

Hi!
First of all, thank you for this contribution. I think it's a good idea to include a kodi plugin to access octoprint server and can check the status of the 3D print.

I've following the easy github instructions, but no way no make it work.

I have one raspberry Pi 3B with octoprint installed on my printer, and another raspberry pi 3B on my bedroom with libreelec installed. I've installed your plugin, configure octoprint IP and API key, but the plugin does not start. It says to take a look at the kodi logs, and when I do it, I only see these lines refering to octoprint, and no more info about it:

NOTICE: ADDON: script.Octoprint v0.0.3 installed

any idea?

Thanks in advance.
Quique

EDITED: I've tested the plugin in my laptop version of kodi and works fine, now I can see the octoprint webcam, but no work in the libreelec raspberry.

Try to enable the debug logs. Maybe they give out a bit more information :slightly_smiling_face:

Settings β†’ System β†’ Logging

@PrintedWeezl

Thanks for your help. Today is working fine on the raspberry. I think the problem was that I'd installed the plugin, and I was trying it with my printer working. Today I restart the octoprint server and now I can see the image on the other raspberry with kodi :v:

1 Like