Octoprint compatibility list of Printer and Firmware

Hy i`m new in this forum because the SD card slot of my Ultimaker 2 is damaged - I think. All printouts from the SD card lead to an error in the heater. The same objects sent via USB are working fine. So I think there is a problem with my SD card reader.

This is a good opportunity to test something new - Octoprint.

I don't have Octoprint software or hardware yet, as I'm not sure if it works with my UM2 with Tinkergnome firmware. I also have a Creality CR-10 and an Anycubic Kossel liniear Plus printer. It would be nice if octoprint would work with all these printers.

Is there a compatibility list of printer and firmware, octoprint works together?

I am completely new to Octoprint and Rasperry. Is there a starter kit with all the components I need that work immediately after unpacking?

Thank you for your help.

Greetings JB

Octoprint is compatible with most common printers. I googled around and even found a guide for your specific situation.

I am completely new to Octoprint and Rasperry. Is there a starter kit with all the components I need that work immediately after unpacking?

Where do you live? (what country) It's easier to recommend with that. There are some basic Octoprint-specific kits available for some countries, but what you need may be different. (for instance, no need to buy a case, print one that fits on your printer where you want it).

I created this:

Hy and thank you very much for your answer. I come from Germany and found this set too. The first one is very expensive, the second one is out of stock and the third one I like comes from the USA, so I have to pay a lot of shipping and taxes.

I found the same link in the Ultimaker forum, but will Octoprint work with the TINKERGNOME firmware on my UM2? And what about the other printers I have (CR-10, Anycubic Delta)?

I can't find any answers.

I would guess that you could be the first to try the Tinker firmware within OctoPrint.

If it were me, I think I would first install OctoPrint on my MacBook, connect it to my printer and see what happens when it successfully connects with the printer. It sounds like Tinker is a fork of the Marlin firmware. The author claims that most of the behavior has been left untouched and it's just a fancier way of talking to the LCD menu.

Once you've determined that it works, then I think I would then purchase a Raspberry Pi 3B and put the OctoPi image on that, using it to control your printer.