OctoPrint for Stream Deck

Hi all,

If you are a proud owner of a stream deck (you might be because you are a fellow creative person) and you own a 3d printer (here ... duh) you might be in luck. I am developing a plugin for the Stream Deck to control your OctoPrint instance(s). The first version of the plugin will release with a button to display the progress of your prints.

Features later (might) include.

• Abort print
  • Preheat
  • Directly open OctoPrint page
  • Open webcam live stream the browser
  • (suggestions here)

I started development on this plugin because I print a lot during gaming. And during gaming, I had to alt-tab a lot to check on progress. I thought to myself how awesome would it be if I could see the progress on the stream deck in front of me.

Tell me if you are down with it and if you will use it. Tell me what to add as well.

Demo video

Kind regards,

Johnny Mast

5 Likes

If you wish to see the source code of this plugin you can find here. Please keep in mind it is still a work in progress (80% done). I will update here soon,

2 Likes

Here is a proof of concept video.

Link to video

Pretty neat! Given the timing I first thought this was for the STEAM Deck and said to myself "Well that's one way to avoid any bottlenecks but also not be able to play any games :frowning: "

Well i have to say during development if i had to give you a dime for everytime i wrote steamdeck instead of streamdeck you would be a milionair now :slight_smile:

Aaaawsome, love it! BUT i don't get it to work properly, now it finaly got the API and i have accepted in octoprint but nothing happens when pressing preheat och cooldown.
What am i doing wrong?

Peace!

Hi Martin,

I just checked the heating and cooling and to my surprise, you are absolutely right. You were using the plugin as intended but it got buggy at the end when I cleaned up the code. I will dive into it tomorrow and will report back to you.

Question for you Martin. Did you run it on mac or windows? The development version works on windows but on mac I used the release package (in the Release folder) and that didn't work (like it did for you). Can you tell me a little more?

I Have it downloaded on mac and no luck for me at the moment any update on a fix thanks so much

Are there any updates to the plugin? Or is it just showing the progress? I love the idea!

In the second post is a link to a github site. You may look there.

1 Like

Didn‘t see that, thank you!

There is also this, It solves a similar problem.

DIY version info is here:

You can also purchase it built on Tindie.

It would be super cool to have a button that sends a command that can be defined in the stream deck app to the terminal. That would take customization to a whole new level.

If that‘s not too hard to do, I‘d really appreciate If you could add this. :grin:

For me it would create the problem of having to buy the screen… Looks cool though

Thats not so much a 'problem' but just a lack of toys on your behalf..

I‘ll rephrase it: for me it would create the problem of having to use one of my screens for something I could do with my streamdeck. Are you happy now? :laughing::laughing: