OctoPrint in the news (ongoing thread)

Not sure if it counts as news, but here's the actual link: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3434542

https://www.schantzmakerspace.com/news

February Maker Monday: Where's the Raspberry PI?

February 11, 2019

Salivate all you want, but we're not talking about tasty pastries. This month's feature presenter, Jim Kennedy, has explored the applications of Octoprint software on the Raspberry Pi. A Raspberry Pi is a credit-card sized computer that can be used for a wide range of maker projects. Octoprint software allows you to use the Raspberry PI to remotely perform and monitor all aspects of your 3-D Printer. Jim will provide a demonstration on his 3-D Printer and discuss our plans for an upcoming workshop.

Interview with HackSpace magazine in issue #32, pages 54-61, out now:

Need to add though that I don't think that I'm "the one person" that makes your 3d printer work as the lead into the article claims :sweat_smile: There's more to that than OctoPrint. Huge shoutout to everyone involved in open source 3d printing, @thinkyhead, Adrian Bowyer and so many many more!

"I had this huge Open Source project on my hands and no funding..." KDE interviews @foosel and she explains how she turned a passion project into her day job. @foosel will also be delivering the main keynote at Akademy 2020, KDE's yearly event.

2 Likes

OctoPrint x Prometheus x Grafana :smiley:

1 Like

Earlier this week I was a guest on the Meltzone podcast, and the episode is now live:

2 Likes

Gina is now live

1 Like

"The Guy With The Swiss Accent" did a video on OctoPrint :grinning:

4 Likes

So now:

Tutorial: Connecting Fusion 360 to OctoPrint

2 Likes
2 Likes

An new video about OctoPi 0.18 and OctoPrint 1.5.2.

Thanks a lot @brotherchris !

1 Like

You're welcome! Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

OctoPrint apparently is on Hacker News right now :partying_face:

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Making the bed lower after I cancel a print

4 Likes

I know OctoPrint is probably on Hackaday more or less continuously, but this is a first for me:

(also mentioned here before it got picked up).

1 Like

I got interviewed by the Console newsletter and talked a bit about the history, past, present and future of OctoPrint and my work on it.

2 Likes

I got invited to the FLOSS Weekly podcast to talk about OctoPrint, and you can listen to that here:

1 Like