Topics in this episode which was recorded on September 20th:

• CCCamp 2019
  • Work on 1.3.12 and 1.4.0
  • A look at the current usage statistics
  • Q&A on
    • Plugin development
    • Python 3
    • Resin printers

Full contents with jump marks available in the YouTube description.

You can find all public past episodes in the OctoPrint On Air Playlist.

OctoPrint On Air is a roughly monthly live broadcast done by me (Gina Häußge) for all Patrons on the Patreon campaign pledging at the $5 perk or above. Attendees can ask questions which will be answered on air and I also report what’s been going on in the background, what happened, what the current challenges are and what the near future holds, plus talk about whatever else might be interesting in the world of OctoPrint.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://octoprint.org/blog/2019/10/07/octoprint-on-air-26/
2 Likes

Regarding the eyeglass glare, you can move the webcam up and the monitor down (or vice versa).

Kinda tricky here due to various reasons (one of which being that I seriously struggle to look into the camera if there's a video preview running somewhere - my brain decides "hey, I need to look at that person there while I'm talking" even if said person is a live video feed of myself). I'll have to experiment a bit.

1 Like

I have difficulties making videos of my display demos; I'm always reflected in the display itself. grr

With respect to the youtube-related question asked about the Webcam on the Control tab, the Themeify plugin would allow you to hide the DIV for it.

If I'm not mistaken your glasses are Lindberg Titanium. I also have a pair and they are the best eye glasses I have ever owned. Very light and strong. You could put a filter pane over the screen to avert the glare, or try enabling night-light if you are using Windows 10 - not sure of the Linux equivalent if that's your primary OS. That might help reduce the glare and more importantly eyestrain.

1 Like

I think you should be able to get rid of (or at least reduce) the unwanted glare/reflections by putting a polarizing filter in front of the camera lens. https://hoyafilterusa.com/how-circular-polarizer-filters-work/.

1 Like