OctoPrint-PrusaMeshMap discontinued

It looks like this amazing plugin is now discontinued. Does anyone have a suggestion or a fix for the issue that the plugin currently has?

2020-09-23 07:10:41,639 - octoprint.plugin.core - ERROR - Invalid syntax in /home/pi/oprint/lib/python3.7/site-packages/octoprint_PrusaMeshMap/__init__.py for plugin PrusaMeshMap
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/pi/oprint/lib/python3.7/site-packages/octoprint/plugin/core.py", line 599, in _parse_metadata
    root = ast.parse(f.read(), filename=path)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.7/ast.py", line 35, in parse
    return compile(source, filename, mode, PyCF_ONLY_AST)
  File "/home/pi/oprint/lib/python3.7/site-packages/octoprint_PrusaMeshMap/__init__.py", line 58
    def on_event(self, event, payload):
                                      ^
TabError: inconsistent use of tabs and spaces in indentation
2020-09-23 07:10:41,641 - octoprint.plugin.core - WARNING - Plugin OctoPrint-PrusaMeshMap (0.3.0) can't be compiled under Python 3.7.3 due to invalid syntax

It's not python 3.7 compatible.

You could try Bed Visualizer instead

Just checked the forks on github
This one might be python 3 compatible (but I didn't test it)

No dice :(. Thank you for searching for me! I don't really know enough Python to be useful in fixing it. I'll have to switch to the other plugin. Ty!

I'm surprised this worked in Pyhon 2 to be honest. It basically means it just needs to be opened in an IDE and let it fix the tabs and spaces to be consistent. I know my BLV plugin will work for you, just make sure to setup the correct commands for Prusa as documented here.

Yeah, if I knew python spacing I would just fix it. Honestly your plugin works perfectly I just can't get that "Use Center Origin" to work. I just realized that you had the data pipped into the plotty.com thing and now I realize I can evaluate this at whatever level I need!

That's a recent bug to the plugin I believe as it's really designed for use with delta printers.

Ahh...well either way it is a fantastic plugin. I think I did pretty well with my nylock mod using it even though I wasn't trying to match zero :).

2 Likes

Sort of off-topic, but the inconsistency in tabs/spaces is not a problem in Py2, it does not care. In Py3 you can no longer mix & match them.