[Octoprint-WebcamSB] New sidebar webcam plugin

No problem. I'd also recommend you keep your development stuff local while testing or in a separate branch of your repo. That way you don't get someone installing files that are in the middle of change.

1 Like

So here's my take on your plugin with knockout bindings. There is much that could still be tweaked via css and such, but I think it would be a good reference for you to see how I modified it to make it use the dynamic nature of the plugin framework.

1 Like

Thank you very much, I'll study it, hope I can learn something.

Just realized I didn't push my latest updates from my laptop. I just pushed the branch again, so if you had installed before you'll need to reinstall to see all my changes.

https://github.com/jneilliii/OctoPrint-Webcamsb/archive/knockout.zip

2 Likes

Amazing what you did on the templates. I really need to learn this knockout stuff. If I submit all your changes I'll also have to add you name as an author. Please stop it or there will be nothing left from me, haha. J/K Thank you very much!

I just had time to see all your changes. Saw you remade everything. Guess I'll better delete my plugin and wait for yours to be published.

Not necessarily. I just moved your jquery injection code into jinja templates and swapped buttons for a pull down since I switched it over to an infinite number of cameras. Then instead of using your full screen view, utilized the modal function that is part of bootstrap. Honestly I think I like your full screen mode better.

The idea and design was totally you and its your choice if you want to use the code or not. I'm not going to publish it.

You changed everything but I'm not saying it's a bad thing. In fact, you made me realize how this knockout stuff can simplify things and how powerful it is. I'm already at knockoutjs com learning a little cause I don't want to copy your code but I'm not as stubborn that I can't recognize when something is clearly better. I won't change the actual code right now cause I want to be able to make my own and understand it.

1 Like

Great plugin, just installed it via the GitHup link. Everything works perfect for the build-in/default stream, except, that my video is upside-down. That's not a problem of the plugin per-se, but of the mounting of my webcam :slight_smile:
I was wondering if there are any settings to rotate / flip the video.

thanks for the plugin

1 Like

Not right now, sorry. But it's a good idea, I'll implement it. Thanks for helping.

It's done, see version 0.1.3, please report any problems.

I know this is an old thread, I'm wondering if this plug in is still being supported/developed???

Hello @EQNish !

You may have a look here: