Out of sync snapshots

Hello everybody,

First post here. I'm using Octoprint since 2 months and I have played with Octolapse since 2 weeks, trying various things to get familiar with it. I'm having a strange behavior I can not understand yet. But first here is my setup:

• Octoprint 1.3.10
  • Octolapse 0.3.4
  • Alfawise U30
  • using gcode "G4 P1" at layer change to trigger a snapshot
  • using a Before and After Snapshot Scripts to turn on/off LEDs

If I take "Stabilization - Fixed extruder at center", it works not so bad (I still have to fine tune the logitech C270 settings). If I take "Stabilization - Fixed extruder at back" then everything is out of sync. Extruder will move to the stabilization position then come back to print and then randomly snapshot will occur a few seconds later.

So what should I look or change? Am I doing it right or wrong?

Any help will be appreciated. Thank You

here is a quick video of the issue:
https://1drv.ms/v/s!ArAvXSaR8hPLhhltIMz-q-JvzkT9

EW

Hi!

A few things can cause this. It could be printer related, or it could be gcode related. Most of the gcode issues have been fixed in the development version, fyi, and I hope to have that ready this summer.

Are you using absolute extrusion by chance? If so, see if you can slice using relative extrusion instead. That will probably fix the problem. This issue has also been fixed in the dev version.

Let me know if that helps.

Thank you for taking time to reply. I was not aware about relative exclusion and it seems Cura is using absolute extrusion by default. I will do some tests in the next few days.