Palago tile (as inspired by foosel's version)

Printer: Robo C2, single extruder, PLA, no heated bed

41%20PM

I wanted both white/blue tops to be at the same level so I measured the bevel on my nozzle and filleted the edge seams with a 1.5mm radius. I printed this in three files: white, bluespot, bluehalf. I had to turn off autoleveling and to laboriously level my bed first. I had to manually edit the 2nd/3rd print files to compensate for the hovering-above-the-bed; Cura didn't honor my wishes with respect to floating the blue parts 2.4mm off the bed. (grrr) I also added some manual G0 commands to bring the head safety down/in so as not to crash into the existing part.

Technically, I could remove the similar fillet on all blue edges and it would work just fine but this version is symmetric and I think I prefer that.

38.34mm across, 4.2mm thick (as printed)

For whatever reasons, I decided to adjust the flow rate to 104%. It just seemed to throw down a good first layer that way so I went with it.

4 Likes

Just an idea, but with the Klipper plugin, you can manually move your carriage to the appropriate starting point for the first and second files, then use SET_KINEMATIC_POSITION to tell it you are at 0,0,0. The file, at that point, will print as if you are homed.

oops... make that the second and third files.

1 Like

That's what I'm used to from the land of CNC. (You can never tell exactly where your stock will land.)

Nice. I remember what I had to go thru to get my logo onto the pi case in a different color on a printer with only one extruder

That was a fun day

Is this for your wall or your floor ?

Seems like it might take awhile to print enough to cover your apartment

It's a board game. It's a bit like Go if you've ever played that.