Pause at layer end

Okay, I understand the Z6 now

I see the pause, the park, and the resume with your Z6 change explanation, but, why does the X resume in a different spot ?

I made an assumption that there was a G1 command right before your initial comment in which that was the final resting place before layer 85 starts.

@spyder Please open Cura and do steps 3-5 in my list and then take a screenshot and post it here.

Okay, but, I wanna try a quote first...

(So that's how you work the quote button...)

Yup, there's your code, 3 times. Then I changed them to 5, 10, and 15

I saved the gcode, then I opened it with notepad++ (like only insane people would do, cuz, really, who would be nutz enough to try to actually READ gcode while being a beginner ?)

What this looks like to me, (and I could be wrong here) is that 3 instances of the code tried to get inserted into Cura, but, only the last one had any effect

I'll eventually add a --codeAtZ flag to my GcodeEdit project... I just need to know what a good/solid pause looks like.

In theory, you could just run the GcodeEdit command as many times as you needed to.

only the last one had any effect

Only the first one had any effect (the Z values around ;LAYER:16 are around 5).

Looks like you did everything correctly.

Change the heights to 30, 40, 50 and see what you get. If you only get one CUSTOM section, then I'm confused because we are both running the same version of Cura (15.04.6) and I get 3 CUSTOM sections.

who would be nutz enough to try to actually READ gcode while being a beginner

Learning to read gcode is almost mandatory... Its part of your education! :rofl:

Yup, yer right, it's the first one

But still only the one tho

Well I'll be damned. Looks like I've been Peter Principled.

This is perfect!
I'm having a bit of a struggle with the plugin tho, when installed, settings-window cant be opened. I'm guessing its because it hasn't been updated.

If you have the time and energy, could you take a look?

Thanks in advance, take care

ps. Sorry for resurrecting a years old thread

Hi @Lemonmeth !
Well...the development activities are "on pause".

Reason:
There are a lot of other solutions available, mostly done as a build-in feature in the slicer software.

I think the demand of such plugin is not so high....and I personally used such feature only 2-3 times the last years.

Maybe I will continue during X-Mas time, but currently I work (with high pressure) on my "Job-History" and "Spool-Manager"-Plugins.

So, I am sorry!
Olli

No problem at all! Ill get it working in different slicer :slight_smile: thanks for your time anyways!

Hello, hello, I installed your plugin on octoprint(0.17), and then octoprint started working badly(I couldn't open the configuration page), I had to flash octoprint, please fix the bug (:

Hi @pipepuntocom,
as mentioned before "Well...the development activities are "on pause"."
Also, there is no release of the PauseAt-Plugin. You installed a "work in progress" version.
Advice: Uninstall the plugin and use the slicer software to include pause-gcode commands.