Pause - Power Failure w/ UPS

I was wondering if it was possible to develop a plugin or functionality that would look for feedback from a UPS device that is plugged into one of the USB ports to see if the UPS is on line power or battery power. If the printer sees that the UPS goes into battery power for more than 1 minute, it could initiate a pause (using the g code from the settings) and then save the print information into a file. Once the unit powers back up, OctoPi could load the print job back in and offer to resume for the user. This is far beyond my skills in this field, but I'm more than willing to work on this with anyone.

1 Like

Anyone working on this? Does not sound too har to make- but my programming skills are not the greatest. This would be such a great plugin!

There is now a UPS monitoring plugin: UPS. Pausing the print, shutting everything down and restarting it in the same place is a pain to implement, which is why no one has done that yet. Don't say it doesn't sound hard unless you know what needs to be done...

I know what has to be done and can probably do it. But for me to get in to the APIs and do it would take me too long. But if no one has done it I could probably do something that works for my printer and my ups- and maybe someone could join the project and make it better and more available....