Plugin install issues ArcWelder ect With Solution

Plugin Installing issues in 1.10.1

Error from trying to install Marlin EEPROM Editor

Preparing metadata (setup.py): started
error: subprocess-exited-with-error

× python setup.py egg_info did not run successfully.
│ exit code: 1
╰─> [18 lines of output]
/tmp/pip-req-build-vpwampnu/versioneer.py:521: SyntaxWarning: invalid escape sequence '\s'
] = '''# -- coding: utf-8 --
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "", line 2, in
File "", line 34, in
File "/tmp/pip-req-build-vpwampnu/setup.py", line 18, in
plugin_version = versioneer.get_version()
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File "/tmp/pip-req-build-vpwampnu/versioneer.py", line 1950, in get_version
return get_versions()["version"]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File "/tmp/pip-req-build-vpwampnu/versioneer.py", line 1861, in get_versions
cfg = get_config_from_root(root)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File "/tmp/pip-req-build-vpwampnu/versioneer.py", line 438, in get_config_from_root
parser = configparser.SafeConfigParser()
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
AttributeError: module 'configparser' has no attribute 'SafeConfigParser'. Did you mean: 'RawConfigParser'?
[end of output]

note: This error originates from a subprocess, and is likely not a problem with pip.
error: metadata-generation-failed

× Encountered error while generating package metadata.
╰─> See above for output.

note: This is an issue with the package mentioned above, not pip.
hint: See above for details.
Preparing metadata (setup.py): finished with status 'error'
Error!

I'm setting up a new install using Octoprint 1.10.1 on an ubuntu server and as I was going through my list of plugins to install I kept getting an error that had some info about config parser and I think I found the issue.

I think the plugins are using versioneer.py that expects an older version of configparser/python? I changed some lines in the versioneer.py file for arcwelder rezipped it and then it installed successfully. I have also done it for Marlin EEPROM Editor

I hope we can find a better solution for this but I'm sharing this as a workaround until we do.

HOW TO do this fix
Download install zip file from the plugins github or wherever.
unzip it
edit versioneer.py in something line notepad++
change 2 lines.

parser = configparser.SafeConfigParser()    ->     parser = configparser.ConfigParser()
parser.readfp(f)                            ->     parser.read_file(f)

save that
rezip that whole folder into a new zip file
use the plugin file upload installer.

Note I tried to copy the versioneer.py file I edit from the arcwelder one to the marline EEPROM editor one and that didn't work because they were different versions originally I guess. If that wasn't the case I would have shared the versioneer.py file here to make it easier. but updating the same lines did work

I'm aware of the issue with the Marlin EEPROM Editor plugin not working with Python 3.12, I will be able to fix it in June.

The same issue impacts all of my plugins (since I used the same template). OctoPrint 1.10.0 was the first version to support Python 3.12, but unfortunately I haven't had time yet to fix the issue.

awesome thanks, I appreciate you responding right away.