[Plugin] PrettyGcode viewer

Thanks!

Ok, I hope I have done everything right. I will submit the PR and cross my fingers.

1 Like

Is that only for github or does it work for all repos @OllisGit? I had forgot that it would scrape that info from the plugin code. So we just need to verify it's setup for Python 3 compatibility in their init file?

@Kragrathea since I've been using your plugin for a while I had no issues merging it right away. It really is a great one and soon will take over my BLV plugin as most installed. Great work again.

Looks like it is working. Cool. Thanks for your help Jneilliii!

Hello @Kragrathea. I just installed the pluing and it's working well!

I just want to mention that there's an issue with the floating navbar plugin which makes some controls appear below the navbar.

Here's the issue that someone else reported earlier:

Also, when I click on the webcam icon (bottom right) or the bottom left icon, nothing happens. I don't quite know what they are supposed to do because they don't have a tooltip when I hover the mouse over them.

Hi
Just wanted to say that this thing is working amazing. However I notice that there is a bit of aliasing issue with the lines, especially when zoomed in. Maybe you could have anti-aliasing as an option in the settings so that anyone running Octoprint on a good computer can use it?
Thanks

1 Like

Ridiculously cool plug in. Thanks.

I posted a possible solution to the NavBar problem on the GitHub thread. Not sure about the WebCam issue. Do you have more that one printer connected?

I will add tool tips in next version.

The Navbar solution is perfect. Works great. Now I have a white on white text color issue on the panels.

I did some testing. The accuracy is really good, the drawing is a few milliseconds ahead of the print head and due to webcam delay several hundreds of milliseconds of delay at least on that.

With a few tweaks this could be my default interface to octoprint. Just the bare small webcam, control, files, fitted dashboard on the corners and the model from load through finish.

The next level would be a version of the interface on my 7" touchscreen. The model would always be front and center. The four corners would have files, control, monitor etc. that would pop up mini screens with buttons for control It would be a spectacular setup.

Your screen showing a 3d representation of the print as it prints is one of the coolest things I can think of.

That was a fast update for the anti-aliasing! Thanks!!

Your welcome. It was a good idea. For some reason I never thought of it.

I also fixed the invisible text in panels and added some tool tips.

For some reason I don't see the new version (1.2.1) in my Plugin Manager. I suppose it takes a while for a new release to propagate through the system...

There's local caching on plugin checks, but you can force it by going to software update, and under advanced option use the force check for updates button.

Yes, only the github-api is used to grab such informations.

1 Like

Love this viewer, any possibility to display the current Layer number somewhere on the interface?

Thanks for your work !

Hi! Realy great plugin!
Does some one know how to stop the rotating camera ?
(Or where should i do ask ?)
It turn my head !

And the control cam doesn't display but it's an other subject ...

Hello @Fab_G!

Try this:

grafik

and uncheck orbitWhenIdle

1 Like

Both status window and Dasboard will already display layer number (if included by the slicer). But I am planning on doing something like syncing the slider and will probably display it in there as well.

And for todays dim question, what's the point of Mirror, why would I want it?

It's just a visualization effect to make it look like the print is on glass. I personally turn that off.

Stuff like the mirror is what puts the "Pretty" in PrettyGCode. The real time reflections on the nozzle are even more frivolous.

The mirror does serve a minor purpose though. It gives you another view of the model you are printing. Sometimes you can see parts of the model in the reflection you cant see in non reflected view.

Loving the viewer so far! Makes monitoring my printer (which is in another room) so much better!
Only problem is that the webcam viewer doesn't work for me either.
Maybe it has something to do with me using an old phone streaming video over wifi to the pi instead of a usb webcam.
My temp solution is opening the camera stream on a second smaller window manually, but it would be nice if it worked like in your screenshots.
Anyway! Keep up the good work!

edit: I tried messing with CSS commands to see if I can fix this issue, i added

/* Make webcam smaller in fullscreen mode. */
.pgfullscreen .gwin #webcam_rotator {
    width: 360px;
    height: 240px;
}

this made a 360 by 240 pixel empty box appear. no webcam still.