Plugin Request: Maintenance Reminder

Probably a quick one to code, but since I keep getting stuck at "how the heck do I start coding" I could be very wrong. Basically, just have a popup (just like when a new plugin is available) remininding you to lubricate bearings, screws, etc every XXX hours. I'd guess 200 as a default, but could be programmable. Use either the hotend or bed set above 0 degrees as the trigger to start and stop the timer. Alternatively, if the pop up is too pig of a pain, even a resettable elapsed timer using one of those same triggers would work. Just something to keep track of run hours since last lubrication and fan cleaning.

Thanks to anyone who tackles this.

Hello @Bob_K

@jneilliii wrote this:

Maybe he can insert a print time counter to let the note pop up after a certain time of printing.

or even better this unregistered plugin by @OllisGit

2 Likes

Thanks @jneilliii. I knew I had seen something similar but couldn't find it in the plugin repository. I guess we should encourage @OllisGit to register!

Awesome, thanks! I’ll have to look into those.

MaintenanceManager looks like exactly what I'm looking fro but I can't figure out how to install it, either using the plugin manager or manually. MaintenanceManager isn't listed in teh supported addons, and when I try to direct it either the GitHub page containing the addon or the link on th GitHub page it doesn't let me. I also tried downloading and unzipping but that doesn't work with plugin manager. If I run the setup program from the zip file, it's not connected to my Pi and doesn't ask me anything about where to install so I can't even move my micro SD card to my PC and install that way. I'm beginning to feel like my father..."I can't get these stupid computers to work...I miss paper and pen" LOL.

so copying/pasting this URL into plugin manager > get more > ...from URL doesn't work?

https://github.com/OllisGit/OctoPrint-MaintenanceManager/releases/download/1.0.0.dev1/master.zip

Just tried it again...this time after having coffee. I'm truly like my father...coffee is needed to make things work LOL. It installed. I'll run a test print and see how it tracks. Thanks for all the help!