Plugins not installing. Freezes when click Install

When ever I try to install a plugin (any plugin), it says its installing the zip but doesn't actually do anything after that. New Octopi install. I installed Dashboard without issue. I then updated to the latest OctoPrint and now I can't install any plugins.

It never gets past this no matter how long I wait:

octoprint.log (196.0 KB)

I also tried installing using
pip3 install "https://github.com/OllisGit/OctoPrint-DisplayLayerProgress/releases/latest/download/master.zip"

and get the following error:
Command "python setup.py egg_info" failed with error code 255 in /tmp/pip-req-build-gp1bkjx9/

you can just run that command directly, you need to run it within OctoPrint's virtualenv (assuming you used octopi install). The default would be

~/oprint/bin/pip install https://github.com/OllisGit/OctoPrint-DisplayLayerProgress/releases/latest/download/master.zip

Undervoltage issue? When opening threads, please upload the logs every single time, it is for your benefit as you will get help quicker.

While running it manually would be a workaround, the performance of the Pi is usually unstable when you have these issues.

1 Like

Thanks. Updated original post with logfile.

I tried installing manually from the oprint/bin directory as mentioned and am getting this error:

Command "python setup.py egg_info" failed with error code 255 in /tmp/pip-req-build-2_n0eihn/
!!! UNDERVOLTAGE REPORTED !!! Make sure that the power supply and power cable are capable of supplying enough voltage and current to your Pi.
1 Like

I have this problem as well with a Raspberry Pi 3 and there is no indication of overvoltage on the interface. Is it a fact that this issue is actually resolved by a beefier power supply?

First, there is a bug in OctoPrint 1.5.x that doesn't report the undervoltage message to the install window:

Second, the reason plugin management is disabled is due to system instability and throttled state on undervoltage. Upload the logs, if it says undervoltage or thermal throttling then that is your answer.

Well that explains it. My 5V USB PS is good for 2A which works fine for the printing and the webcam I have running but this code doesn't like it. Off to look for a 3A supply.

Thanks for the quick reply Charlie!

1 Like