Polymer — An iPhone and iPad App for OctoPrint

Hi folks,
I've just launched Polymer, my new OctoPrint app for iOS. This is a ground-up rewrite of the old OctoClient app, for those who may have used that in the past. My goal here was to build a simple, fluid, really high-quality native user interface that follows familiar iOS conventions as closely as possible. I focused in particular on building a great landscape iPad experience—something that has been sorely lacking from iOS clients.

It supports all the features you've come to expect from an OctoPrint app, including:

• Webcam, temperature, and progress monitoring
  • Live GCODE previews (iPad-only for now)
  • Movement controls
  • Temperature controls and extrude/retract options
  • Fan, feed rate, flow rate, and stepper controls
  • A full-featured file manager with searching and sorting, history statistics and GCODE analysis info, and file downloads
  • A serial connection manager
  • Full integration of the OctoEverywhere service (a first for iOS), making mobile remote access simpler than ever

+ Many more coming soon, that I couldn't fit into the .0 release :slight_smile:

There's also an optional Pro upgrade which adds support for multiple printer connections, plus some extra features like a GCODE terminal, system commands, file uploads, power supply control, and custom commands.

I'd love it if you checked it out at https://apps.apple.com/app/apple-store/id1260531874?mt=8. Happy to hear any feedback :grinning:

Thanks,
—Lachlan

5 Likes

Well done!

I just bought it.

Looking good.

1 Like

It looks nice, but now I have a problem connecting to octoprint.
Is there a how-to setup Polymer?

Thanks

Hi @Kimi,
There’s a set-up guide here. If you’re still having trouble send me an email and we should be able to get it sorted :grinning:

Lachlan