Possible bug on 1.8.6? MCU shut down adc is out of range error on latest OP Version

I installed the latest version of OP (the Feb 22 release OctoPi 1.0.0 w Octoprint 1.8.6 (build 2023022095002) and when I started Klipper I was getting the MCU shut down adc is out of range error on latest OP Version error

I'm on SKR2 (F429) board. I had no trouble with the prior version of OP, but when the new one became available I decided why not....

SO- My thermistors measure 118KOhm (they should measure 100K but that's close enough that this it isn't the problem. Also- they were working in the prior version just fine - so it's not a hardware issue.

In the printer.cgf file :
I decided to prove that it wasn't a hardware problem and
I set the temp min to -273 and max to 99999999999

not only did this get rid of the error, but now the temps are reading correctly and I can control the bed and extruder temperatures. FWIW I'm trying to set up sensorless homing and of course BL touch and I'm getting an M112 - still trying to track down the reason for that. I don't know if the 2 are related.

I just wanted to point out that there is some error going on in the latest version of OP which when the min and max configuration temperatures are "normal" causes the MCU shut down error. Expanding those temps seems to solve the issue.

Hello @samedwin !

For this error is raised by Klipper and Klipper is more close to the printer hardware than OctoPrint, I recommend to start a discussion on the Klipper discourse:

1 Like