I am relatively new to Octoprint and I have noticed a browser side issue. If I am posting this in the wrong place or am missing crucial info please let me know. I've been noticing very high browser CPU usage (33% of system cpu on quad core laptop) when using Octoprint on W10 in Chrome 85.0.4183.102 (Official Build) (64-bit) and Edge Version 85.0.564.51 (Official build) (64-bit). This issue can occur in Octoprint safe mode with no camera attached and printer turned off. This issue seems to be related to the popup messaging system in Octoprint. The quickest way to duplicate the issue is to go into manage plugins and to quickly enable or disable several plugins and hit save. This will pop the you must restart message for every plugin you enable or disable. After about 10 seconds my CPU usage on my Octoprint tab hits 25-35% and stays there. Nothing I do at that point will reduce the CPU usage until I close the browser tab. This issue doesn't seem to happen in FireFox. I suspect a recursion issue within the browser messaging system of Octoprint.
(Edited to correct typos)