Print speed control after job starts

S3D user here.. on the S3D control panel we have a speed slider that will let you alter the print speed during a print job. Octoprint has feed rate and flow rate.. do either of those = print speed.. I am thinking not..
Currently started a print at 35mms that could be run at 60mms as it is really simple and I forgot to alter before slicing.. Anything that would let me do this with Octoprint?
Thanks!

1 Like

They are feed rate modifiers. Meaning that they will modify the programed feed. It's a percentage so if you want to go from 30mm/s to 60mm/s then you enter 200. Those controls are in the Control tab below the video feed.
Same goes for filament feed or flow rate.

1 Like

Yes, that was my main question is feed rate the same as print speed.. to me feed rate would be extruder speed
Thanks!

It's kind of a picky technical difference, your changing the feed rate (print speed) by a percentage and not directly by the rate. The indication is 100 (%) of the programed rate and you are going up or down from there in percentage, not directly in rate. So you set it to 50 and that is 50% of the programed rate whatever that might be. Some slicers support programming the filament by a volumetric rate vs the normal mm per time rate.
Feed rate applies to x,y,z,& e (the extruder rate).

1 Like

Ok great, just needed to know if which one of them was the proper slider to make it go faster :wink:
Thanks again!

Actually the slider only lets you go up to 150%

I never did get an answer.. Which slider changes what.. Feed and Flow they are 2 different things. which one makes the extruder move faster and which one make the filament drive gear go faster.. I understand %
My assumption is feed is how faster the the extruder moves over the bed or vise versa..

Quiz question:
what do you think why is the button labled "Feed rate" below the buttons for the movement control (X/Y Z) and the button labled "Flow rate" below the extruder control (Tool / E)?
Auswahl_079

1 Like

That was my assumption but I am a unix admin and have no faith in developers to be logical.. :grinning:
Thanks for the clarification.

2 Likes

Boahhh ey, without the smiley this would be a slap in the face of an excellent developer :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Na, I started out in the IT field as an (dating myself big time) Informix 4GL programmer .. we were not called developers.. you were a systems annalist or a programmer !
Got tired of spending days updating code to add something and then the manager coming back and saying.. Oh I forgot to tell you......

1 Like

Footnote....
To me the "control tab" used to be "control tab for controlling the printer manually when it is not printing". It came as a complete surprise to me that something there would control the printer while it was actually printing.