PrinterView - my modiciations

Hi all!

First, big thank you to @foosel and contributors for amazing OctoPrint. It has significantly improved my workflows! I found PrinterView, but had very specific needs for myself so took on to improve it.

It's focussed on manufacturing same parts and allows me to control all printers in one place. Lot's of bug fixes, and improved looks with minimalistic approach to display only relevant information. I can glance at the printers and see how far they are from finishing prints.

The open folder button let's me open OctoPrint UI on the same page, make changes and go back to the full list.

There are a lot more features like import/export of settings if you will be using PrinterView on multiple computers and others. More details, source code and instructions can be found on Github:

You can use my hosted version or set up your own very easily:

http://printerview.arvydas.co.uk/

Hope someone will find it useful!

4 Likes

hello,
I love the changes you made to printerview but i have some small issues.

My camera feeds are showing up inverted (upside down)

And I would like to be able to host the page with all the printers showing up as default. Its not bad to only have to hit import and load from server but I'm trying to have users view the printers from a link.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Brian

{
    -webkit-transform: rotate(90deg);
    -moz-transform: rotate(90deg);
    -o-transform: rotate(90deg);
    -ms-transform: rotate(90deg);
    transform: rotate(90deg);
}

You can rotate the camera view element

In Octoprint you can set if the camera view should be rotated.
The cameraview is only a external web stream.
Or you can rotate the camera 180 degrees on your printer ...

To automatically load default printers you can add this in the initialization at the line 80:

// get saved printers
reloadPrinters();
if (numPrinters == 0) {
   importDefaults()
}
panelWidthControl();

thanks for the info.

does this just rotate the view in cameraview?

because it is in the correct orientation when viewed in octoprint. it just shows upside down in printerview.

Brian

thanks!

Brian

I have the same issue, cameras on PrinterView are rotated 180 degrees but are fine in Octoprint. Any idea what the fix was for this?

@Axy666 inside file https://github.com/arvydas/PrinterView/blob/1dab7162aedf96fe12e503091ef6b2b2286dae70/index.js modify the line 360 that says:

context.scale(-1, -1);

Change it to flip vertically:

context.scale(-1, 1);

Change it to flip horizontally:

context.scale(1, -1);

Change it to flip both vertically and horizontally:

context.scale(1, 1);

Thanks, I'll give that a shot.

::Edit::

Now the cams are gone totally. :confused: