Printoid Notifications not reaching phone

I've started using Printoid and thought I might try the Printoid Notifications plugin as well. The setup seemed simple enough and it is very customizable.

However, although I have gotten Printoid itself to work great, even away from the printer's LAN, the Notifications plugin simply doesn't work. Oh, I get the "Sent successfully, check your phone!" success message in OctoPrint, but the notification never arrives on my phone.

To be clear, I am not using OctoEverywhere for remote access; I have a NAS set up with a reverse proxy and Let's Encrypt with a CNAME set up on CloudFlare so that I can reach my OctoPi from anywhere simply by going to https://octopi.domain.tld/. Again, this setup works perfectly, but I don't know if it might have something to do with this problem.

Try restarting your phone - I know - but try it. Sometimes Android is a mess with new apps and notifications.

OctoPrint logs would also be useful here. Notifications are most certainly routed through their(Printoid) own notification proxy server. So if there is an issue on either end it should be logged.

@Laze Tried a reboot; no joy.

@kantlivelong The only log entries I could find in octoprint.log from octoprint.plugins.printoid don't say anything helpful. These are from two separate presses of the "Send test notification" button:

2021-11-01 20:58:24,909 - octoprint.plugins.printoid - INFO - //// Send alert to Printoid: 'test-message' with value None (Prusa I3 MK3S+)
2021-11-01 20:59:16,911 - octoprint.plugins.printoid - INFO - //// Send alert to Printoid: 'test-message' with value None (Prusa I3 MK3S+)

Since it's not logging an error I would try contacting Printoid support. They should be able to tell if the message is being relayed or not.

2 Likes