Problem connecting to Prusa printer

What is the problem?

No serial port found

What did you already try to solve it?

This info only pertains to the USB cable connected from PC to Prusa via Raspberry Pi zero 2 W. My Prusa is fitted with a Raspberry Pi zero 2 W via the Rambo board.

Have you tried running in safe mode?

No

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

No

Systeminfo Bundle

You can download this in OctoPrint's System Information dialog ... no bundle, no support!)

WRITE HERE

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible

OctoPi Version 1.8.4, Prusa i3 MK3S, Firmware: 3.11.0-4955, Firefox browser.

Hello @SteffJay !

Have you made this setting accordingly?

on for intern
off for extern via USB

Hello Ewald. Many thanks for the reply.
Yes, this was done prior to fitting the Raspberry Pi zero 2 W.

Equally to the RPi Port option, I assume you must have followed some guide somewhere on setting up the OS to enable the serial port through the GPIO pins? It won't work out of the box, and requires some extra configuration first.

Hello Charlie. Many thanks for the reply.
Yes, indeed. I followed many online tuits, of which was a total mine field. Some referred to the Pi Zero W and some to the new Pi Zero 2 W. Then, i had a total nightmare trying to find the right OctoPi iso. I have now reached the point where the Raspberry Pi / OctoPi will run but as you quite rightly pointed out, it does not run "out of the box". Any help from here on in would be greatly appreciated. I can SSH into the Pi so that is an achievement.

Don't worry, I have sorted the problem.

Please tell us all how so anyone stumbling over this in the future can follow in your footsteps.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.