PSU Control - Dropping RPi.GPIO

I have the same issue.

Hi,

after having some issues with my smart filament detector i uninstalled several plugins and reinstalled them, now the lightning bolt button works again :slight_smile: don't ask me how...

grtz

Ronald

Hi,
This has broken for me too. I've been playing with various configurations, enabling, disabling, etc... for the past hour. Just completely uninstalled, then reinstalled both plugins, and still not working as it was yesterday.

I assumed I needed the PSU-Control-RPi-GPIO plugin, so I installed it. Over and over again while trying to debug over the last hour. I finally just disabled it, and changed my settings to NOT use the plugin, and instead simply use GPIO as we did before, traditionally. Now, we use the BOARD pin numbers (this was not entirely clear), changed that to be correct. Things are working, but the lightning bolt is not updating.

It isn't entirely clear what you want us to do. Do we need GPIO? It seems we don't. I think most would not need it, and it's not clear why they would.

The failing log when trying to use the plugin:
2021-04-18 16:08:02,627 - octoprint.plugins.psucontrol - INFO - Switching PSU On
2021-04-18 16:08:02,628 - octoprint.plugins.psucontrol_rpigpio - ERROR - The GPIO channel has not been set up as an OUTPUT

Another odd symptom I want to mention is that when this was not working, I was having communications issues I think were related to these plugins sending too many error messages? That has gone away now that things seem to be working.

Sorry, I just wanted to provide feedback, I love this plugin and use it daily. I am printing now, but I am not entirely sure this plugin is fully working, and I don't see the lightning bolt lit up. Note, I currently have PSUCONTROL_RPIGPIO plugin disabled.

-Parsko

PS - I wanted to add, that over the past month or so, I often get an error when turning the PSU on of "all outputs are LOW", or something to that note. It's as if Octoprint is trying to connect too quickly after the power on. I thought I tried changing the settings for your Plugin, but nothing fixed it. I will try to grab that log the next time it happens. Maybe I have it in my current log somewhere... I'll look and update this. Update, found the error....
2021-03-28 22:31:50,926 - octoprint.plugins.psucontrol - INFO - Switching PSU On
2021-03-28 22:31:51,953 - octoprint.server.preemptive_cache - INFO - ... done in 16.10s
2021-03-28 22:31:56,132 - octoprint.util.comm - INFO - Changing monitoring state from "Offline" to "Opening serial connection"
2021-03-28 22:31:56,135 - octoprint.util.comm - INFO - Connecting to port /dev/ttyACM0, baudrate 250000
2021-03-28 22:31:56,148 - octoprint.util.comm - INFO - Changing monitoring state from "Opening serial connection" to "Connecting"
2021-03-28 22:31:56,155 - octoprint.util.comm - INFO - M110 detected, setting current line number to 0
2021-03-28 22:31:56,161 - octoprint.util.comm - WARNING - Received an error from the printer's firmware: All LOW
| Last lines in terminal:
| Changing monitoring state from "Offline" to "Opening serial connection"
| Connecting to port /dev/ttyACM0, baudrate 250000
| Changing monitoring state from "Opening serial connection" to "Connecting"
| Connected to: Serial<id=0x757122d0, open=True>(port='/dev/ttyACM0', baudrate=250000, bytesize=8, parity='N', stopbits=1, timeout=10.0, xonxoff=False, rtscts=False, dsrdtr=False), starting monitor
| Send: N0 M110 N0*125
| Recv: Error: All LOW
2021-03-28 22:31:56,163 - octoprint.util.comm - INFO - Changing monitoring state from "Connecting" to "Error: All LOW"
2021-03-28 22:31:56,165 - octoprint.util.comm - INFO - Force-sending M112 to the printer
2021-03-28 22:31:56,186 - octoprint.util.comm - INFO - Changing monitoring state from "Error: All LOW" to "Offline (Error: All LOW)"

@parsko PSUControl-RPiGPIO is intended to be a fallback should GPIO in PSUControl not work. Unfortunately since I had zero feedback there are a few bugs even though I ran the code for months.

Pins in PSUControl should be defined using BCM(GPIO) numbering which was outlined underneath the GPIO device dropdown. There is something to convert BOARD to GPIO on upgrade but for some reason it's not working for some users. I pushed out PSUControl 1.0.2 to add some additional logging to settings upgrade to see if I can find out why.

So use built-in GPIO, ensure BCM numbering is in use. Read your logs, submit an issue if no go.

To be honest the biggest problem is getting useful from users. The majority of tickets have been submitted by users with no info at all even though there is a template outlining what is required. On top of that users just chime in and say "me too" also with no info and turn tickets into a dumpster fire because chances are their situation is different.

2 Likes

I was printing a 9 hrs print and it shut off my printer halfway through, You should have said this was for beta tester only. What a waste of time and pla.

Any one know to uninstall this so i can reinstall the old one. Thanks

Got logs or would you like to just complain?

No, but I would had not like to have lost a 9h print job.

Don't get me wrong, this is a awesome plugin. I'm just upset about time that was wasted.

So far there is no evidence to make me believe it was the plugin. Revert if you want but expect to never upgrade if you're not willing to provide info.

The plugin was available for testing 12 days before it was released to everyone - it was not intended as 'beta tester only', that period passed.

Yes there have been a few issues reported in the last couple of days, but there's also an insane number of people complaining without being helpful at all. All while fixes are being worked on tirelessly.

Look at it this way:

• One of the issues was a 3rd party plugin breaking all wizard dialogs (since fixed)
  • Since the release of 1.0.0 there have been two patch releases with multiple fixes for issues, as well as workarounds provided for others.

Given you don't have much in the way of information to share, I don't think you have a position to be complaining all that much here.

Hi i have updated the PSU control. and One for the great futures this plug in had was that in the previous version is use to work in my Printpoid App were i was able to turn on/off my printer directly from the app.
After i updated the up the button the control the PSU is not available anymore. everything is working on the main octoprint web-interface but I'm unable to see the app.

Looking forward to get the feedback on how to resolve this

Check your user permissions for PSUControl privileges. Admin users are granted by default.

thanks for the quick reply. Do you mean the PSU control privileges on the plugin or the app

In OctoPrint Access Control. You should see PSUControl related permissions.

Hi guys i have been trying for hours but without any luck there must be something Im doing wrong. the PSU control log in was working for me perfectly since I installed it around 9 months ago without any issues. with the latest update i made for the plugin im unable to control my printer.
I have also tried to installed the PSUcontrol-RPiGPIO plug in and still no luck. i even tried both pin number and GPIO number and i wasnt able to control the relay.

below is the log files as well

octoprint (1).log (456.6 KB)

2021-04-26 18:44:38,753 - octoprint.plugins.psucontrol_rpigpio - ERROR - Exception while setting up GPIO pin 14
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/octoprint_psucontrol_rpigpio/__init__.py", line 152, in configure_gpio
    GPIO.setup(self._gpio_get_pin(self.config['onoffGPIOPin']), GPIO.OUT, initial=initial_pin_output)
ValueError: The channel sent is invalid on a Raspberry Pi

Looks like you forgot to set psucontrol_rpigpio to DEBUG but the error above indicates the pin number is invalid. Are you trying to use GPIO14(BCM)? Make sure it's set to BCM not BOARD.

Additionally if you're interested, we might be able to figure out why GPIO doesn't work in PSUControl. Install the latest PSUControl devel commit which has better exception logging.

In Plugin Manager disable PSUControl-RPIGPIO then install this zip: https://github.com/kantlivelong/OctoPrint-PSUControl/archive/74e7a2a69a9a920bd43229eabfcbe19f5fc987f8.zip

Set your pin config in PSUControl then try it. Upload logs :slight_smile:

Thanks for quick feedback. I disabled the PSU control GPIO plugin a and downloaded the latest version updated the switches to GPIO 14 and still not luck. I even tried to update the GPIO devices as well to the three options and still no luck.

attached is the logoctoprint (2).log (1.1 MB)

Interesting. Have a feeling this might by some py2 compat issue but not 100% sure as I don't have py2 dev setup right now. I made a test branch that will include more info on the settings. Can you try again with:

Thanks

if it help, i did not get it working - fresh octopi
octoprint.log (32.6 KB)

PSU Control is set:
switching method : plugin
plugin RPI.

sensing set
Internal
all other settings off

RPI SET:
Mode BCM
switching 21
sensing 0

after this settings it do not switch off nothing
log:
octoprint.log (18.3 KB)

OK i left the printer for few days and came back to it today. I have tried many things and still without any luck of getting the plugin to control the really. I even deleted the latest PSU plug in and reloaded an older version ( [0.1.10) but still no luck.
below is my settings for the latest PSU control RPi GPIO plugin :

• GPIO mode: BCM
  • GPIO pin used for sensing: 14 (NO)
  • Sensing: pin: 0

Setting on PSU control plug in:

• switching method: plugin
  • switching plugin: PSU control RPi GPIO
  • sensing method: internal
  • polling interval 2sec

What I noticed is that When I use the correct GPIO pin number which the sensing wire is connected to is the relay is closed and the printer turns on but I'm unable to control the relay it stays on (relay connection is NO). when I change the GPIO pin number to another number on the board the printer turns off and there is no control. i even tried move the sensing pin to another GPIO and when I make the change in the plug in the same thing happens which is it turns on but no control of on/off.
this is very strange since i have been using this plugin for a while. this issue has only come up once i upgraded the the latest version.

logging file attached. your support is highly appreciated
octoprint (9).log (212.0 KB)