Raspberry Pi & Ender 3 v3 SE, thoughts…

I’ve been running OctoPrint on a Pi 3B with an Ender 3 and all is good, having upgraded to the new Ender 3 v3 SE I’m wondering what’s the best way to mount the PI?

My initial thought was to print a replacement LCD mount that I’d house the PI under the display, the issue I face with this is the PI 3B is a little large so I’m looking to use the new PI Zero W 2. The other challenges I face are power cable, USB-C cable & camera cables all resolvable.

Due to the new Ender 3 V3 failing I removed the cover to discover there’s lots of space inside for my PI 3B and access to the usual 24v power supply that could be used to power the PI in a similar way to what I did with the Ender 3. Cabling could be routed using the slots left & right of the casing.

I know it’s a new device but does anyone have any alternative ideas for mounting/housing a PI running OctoPrint?

One of the things that I’m noticing with the Ender 3 V3 SE is that it’s looks nice/good but this restricts what & how additions can be attached such as camera’s & LED’s. And that will be my next challenge how and where do I mount the camera, the replacement mount could include camera mount options.

Whilst typing this I think the new LCD mount with options for PI Zero W 2 & camera mount combined with a power supply inside the Ender 3 V3 SE could be the best option. Watch this space for further updates…. Once Creality resolve or replace printer.

Creality printers are infamous for being susceptible to and generators of EMI. Some solutions involve rerouting cables which you may do as part of your design. Whatever you end up with keep shielding in mind.

This is how I decided to mount mine. Hasn't gotten in the way and if you were trying to tap into power it's in a decent spot. I remixed someone else's cable clip to make this one.

1 Like

im just muling over buying a v3 se purely for not having to manually level the bed as i have a bit adhd so it takes a while .

1 Like

did you have to make many changes to the octopi setup and the start/end gcode?

Yes, I added the start GCODE as documented on the Cura website.

I’m using Cura 5.5 and it’s working well.

Would you be able to link the cura gcode?

1 Like