Raspberry Pi Temps included on graph

Hi there,

I thought this would be useful for many people to have the temp of the RPI CPU as an additional option line on the Octoprint UI.

In fact, now that I think about it, the stepper drivers probably should have independent temp sensors built into the chips to help for early detection of overworking and forecasting failures but that I guess for many is overkill. That is of course until you need to buy a new Ultimaker Control board and it is cheaper to by a brand new MK3 instead. :slight_smile:

Anyway, the temps items alongside the print jobs in view would be nice value to everyone I would say and I am merely posting this as a discussion item or for anyone to take it on etc...

Thanks for reading and I hope everyone is healthy and not going too insane.

Best,

Brebs

With the latest OctoPrint 1.4.1 version it is possible for plugins to inject their own "temp" data into the data stream. For now, it's only possible to actually graph everything with my PlotlyTempGraph plugin, which I'm still working on improving. There are two examples of how to inject additional data in the repository here and a real world example of graphing fan speed here. The fan speed example requires a recent Marlin version that replies with the speed when you send the M106 command.

1 Like