Raspbery Pi 5 autoprint plugin not working

I've installed Octoprint on a Raspberry Pi 5 with octoprint_deploy. The autoprint plugin controls relays via the GPIO pins but I couldn't get them to work. After verifying the wiring was correct I connected to the Pi through SSH and tried activating the relay's with a python script. At first the python script didn't work but I found that if I replaced "import RPi.GPIO as GPIO" with "import gpiod" and added "chip = gpiod.Chip('gpiochip4')" I could control the relays on pins 17 and 18 just fine. I tried going into the printercontrol.py script in the plugin and adding the lines but when I did that the plugin disappeared from Octoprint. I tried cloning the plugin, making the necessary changes, packaging it, then installing the .gz file manually but I still don't see the plugin. I did verify the new plugin I installed manually did create the necessary files in the site-packages folder with the changes I made.

Please post your System info package and the other details in the template you deleted when you created your post. We really can't help you without it. That is why it is there.