RQST - Print Filtering Window

Hi. I am not that good coding, therefore I want to float this idea if someone is interested.
I think it would be good for Octoprint, either as a plugin or right into the base code to have the ability to dynamically keep a section from printing.
Here is my use case: Right now I am printing several objects. One of them collapsed but the rest are printing fine. Each time the hotend passes above the collapsed object, it throws some more plastic into the air thinking that it is still building the object. It would be great if I could go to the Gcode Viewer window, mark the area and tell the printer to not extrude plastic on this area regardless of what the Gcode commands.
I cannot do anything more for the collapsed object, but at least I get to save the rest of the objects that are printing fine and do not have to restart the whole print job again.

1 Like

Check out the Exclude Region plugin that is already available and does exactly what you you describe.

1 Like

I'm the one who suggested this a long time ago. I'm glad somebody picked up the challenge.