Sand Art printer

Does anyone know if a plugin that would allow me to sequence gcode files for playback with a sand art printer? So basically they would be able to "play" back to back, and set wait times between events?

I'm afraid I don't know of any. If you think about the typical plastic-printing behavior, most of us wouldn't want the next job to start printing unless we've done some manual intervention to remove the last part.

Some of us have talked about the possibilities, though.

LinuxCNC flavour of G-code allows G-code to call subroutines. And
subroutines can have numerical names, and can be in separate files.

So if you have G-code in files called 101,ngc, 102,ngc and so on, and if
those all contain O101 SUB / O101 ENDSUB round the G-code, then

#1 = 1
O100 DO
O[100 + #1] CALL
G4 P10
O100 WHILE [#1 LT 20]
M2

Would call all the routines in sequence with a 10 second pause.
http://linuxcnc.org/docs/2.7/html/gcode/o-code.html#ocode:subroutines

Why does the new forum thingy eat parts of my replies?

The words " Not an Octoprint plugin, so not an answer to your question, but the"

were removed from the beginning of my last reply.

That's just weird.

^ I think you're missing the part where #1 is incremented.

#1 = [#1+1]

Couldn't tell you about your reply subsection getting eaten. I know that sometimes markdown like a pound sign can get interpreted as well as asterisks.

I know printers we dont want to start back to back prints, but to prepare a printer for a print, and have it delay the start of a print until a later time would be very useful. Also having a basic scheduler would be amazing. I would be willing to pay for such a feature if someone wants to develop the plugin. Estimate the cost and I can send you money if it seems like a good deal.

thanks
jason

Send @jneilliii a PM and see if he'd be up for a gig.