Seeing some problems in the plugin space


#1

I guess I'll have to troubleshoot this over a period of a few prints but I'm starting to see some new problems. Note that I have restarted OctoPrint several times throughout and rebooted the Pi as well between iterations. This is a new issue and I haven't seen it before today's series of prints.

Version: OctoPrint 1.3.10rc4 running on OctoPi 0.15.0

Symptoms:

  • Twice now when I've tried to upload a small gcode file, it doesn't seem to work
  • Trying to download a small timelapse file doesn't seem to work
  • It doesn't seem to be all-the-cores-are-busy so it's not what I was seeing earlier
  • I ran one timelapse video earlier so that could be related, I'll have to see (I haven't run a timelapse in ages, to be honest)

Of course, it's happy in safe mode so I've deduced that it has to do with one of the third-party plugins I'm running. I stopped and started the webcamd service since that was suspect.

To rule out the Conky interface, I've killed conky-related things running. I think I can rule this out.

|  Active Filters Extended (0.0.2) = /home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/octoprint_active_filters_extended
|  Dragon Order (0.1.2) = /home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/octoprint_dragon_order
|  EEPROM Marlin Editor Plugin (1.2.1) = /home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/octoprint_eeprom_marlin
|  Firmware Updater (1.0.0) = /home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/octoprint_firmwareupdater
|  GCODE System Commands (0.1.1) = /home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/octoprint_gcodesystemcommands
|  GitFiles (1.1.4) = /home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/octoprint_gitfiles
|  Navbar Temperature Plugin (0.11) = /home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/octoprint_navbartemp
|  PrintTimeGenius Plugin (1.3) = /home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/octoprint_PrintTimeGenius
|  System Command Editor (0.3.2) = /home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/octoprint_systemcommandeditor
|  Themeify (1.2.2) = /home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/octoprint_themeify

I'll watch the JavaScript console log because my gut tells me that this is going to be seen there.

Updates as I see them:


Looks like this one is the Dragon Order plugin. :disabling it: [That problem is fixed. Unfortunately, it was messing with mouse click events as well; I'll open an issue on his repository.]


Next up, it looks like "Suppress Temperature Messages" in the Terminal is now accidentally removing the output of an M115 command (trying to see the firmware version, etc).

Attempting then to disable "Active Filters Extended" to see if this is involved. [It still occurs regardless. So it's the regex itself...?]

Suppress Temperature Messages = (Send: (N\d+\s+)?M105)|(Recv:\s+(ok\s+)?.*(B|T\d*):\d+)
...versus...
Recv: FIRMWARE_NAME:Marlin 1.1.7-C2 (Github) SOURCE_CODE_URL:https://github.com/Robo3D/Marlin-C2 PROTOCOL_VERSION:C2 MACHINE_TYPE:RoboC2 EXTRUDER_COUNT:1 UUID:cede2a2f-41a2-4748-9b12-c55c62f367ff EMERGENCY_CODES:M108,M112,M410

This, I really don't get. We can rule out the Send side of that, leaving us with Recv:\s+(ok\s+)?.*(B|T\d*):\d+... which can be distilled down to Recv:\s+.*(B|T\d*):\d+ which looks like it's grabbing it.

Presumably it's that extruder_counT:1 part that looks like a "T:1nn". I suppose I could change my own regex here since it's in the Settings but maybe this is something for the OctoPrint repository. Any thoughts?

It's subtle, but I inserted a single space before the (BIT\d*) digit and it's happy now:

(Send: (N\d+\s+)?M105)|(Recv:\s+(ok\s+)?.* (B|T\d*):\d+)

Next, I've had it grind for a long time with the following behavior:

  1. Print a small file
  2. Try to delete the file (even though it was selected and printed successfully) from the Files side panel widget.

On a hunch, I connected to my printer instead using the IP address and now it works as expected. I suspect this might have something to do with IPv6 versus IPv4. I have issued my printer a static IPv4 address on my router, for what it's worth and yet I'm seeing a lot of IPv6-looking connect messages in my octoprint.log.

2018-12-08 16:23:56,622 - octoprint.server.util.sockjs - INFO - Client connection closed: ::ffff:10.20.30.240
2018-12-08 16:23:57,518 - octoprint.server.util.sockjs - INFO - New connection from client: ::ffff:10.20.30.240
2018-12-08 16:23:57,931 - octoprint.server.util.flask - INFO - Passively logging in user dummy from ::ffff:10.20.30.240

I have rolled back my /etc/haproxy/haproxy.cfg to conform to the pre-IPv6 days and am now continuing to test.