Setup Octoprint for ZMorphVX

Can someone help me with the feedparser? I am trying to set up an octopi for the ZMorph VX as per instructions. Link to the tutorial Octoprint for ZMorph (Linux RC) – ZMorph Knowledge Base... On the photo you can see the error message. The error message comes after the command "./venv/bin/python setup.py install".

We can't really give you support for a third party fork of Octoprint.
We don't know what they changed and added to it.

Personally I would do the following:

• Flash an OctoPi image on the sd card
  • SSH into the pi
  • run sudo apt-get update --allow-releaseinfo-change && sudo apt -y install libusb-1.0-0-dev libudev-dev python3 python3-pip virtualenv python-dev
  • then run pip3 install markup
  • now create the zmorph3d udev rule with sudo nano /etc/udev/rules.d/69-vx.rules and insert the following
SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="1d50", ATTR{idProduct}=="6015", MODE="0660", GROUP="plugdev", TAG+="uaccess", TAG+="udev-acl", SYMLINK+="zmorphvx%n"
KERNEL=="hidraw*", ATTRS{idVendor}=="1d50", ATTRS{idProduct}=="6015",  MODE="0660", GROUP="plugdev", TAG+="uaccess", TAG+="udev-acl"

Save the file with CTRL +X and answer the question with with Y, then press enter.

• reboot the pi with sudo reboot

Now you did what they wanted you to do at the first part of their guide.
Hopefully that was everything needed and they didn't change anything in Octoprint.

1 Like

Thanks for the answer but unfortunately it didn't work with that solution either.

I had a look at the source of that OctoPrint fork, and this is what I found:

• It is taken from 1.4.0 almost exactly, with some small (but important) modifications.
  • They changed some of the dependencies, one or two, but also excluding the markdown build dependency (for some unknown reason)
  • The main change is the communication for (presumably) their printers, which is all about this hid package. I presume their printers won't work without this module. This is code modified inside OctoPrint's communication layer, so it is not possible to use stock OctoPrint to do the same thing.

Since it is an old version of OctoPrint, and it has modifications that we don't know about, we can't really help here. If it doesn't work with the standard OctoPrint install you will probably have to contact them, rather than the OctoPrint community.

2 Likes