Simplest "print job finished" notification plugin?

My Ender 3 is physically a mess, but it's performing flawlessly. It's set up in a climate-controlled shed in my backyard. My SKR and RPi are sitting behind the printer in a ball of wires. Eventually I intend to build an enclosure and set up OctoLapse along with PSU Control and really start digging into some other funtionality... but in the meantime, what's the easiest way to get notifications of completed prints? Ideally the notification would come in the form of an email that I could route as a push notification into my Prowl app (Growl).

Thanks in advance!

You looking for something like this: Growl.
Sadly this plugin is abandoned...

My M117PopUp or M117SpeechSythensis plugins or possibly my M300Player that will make beep noises in the browser. Both require you to leave a browser open on a computer within hearing distance of course. You have to put something in the print end gcode of your slicer or in OctoPrint's print complete GCODE scripts.

I’m using OctoPod with my iPhone and Apple Watch, it sends push notices to your phone and/or watch.

2 Likes

I’m using OctoPod with my iPhone and Apple Watch, it sends push notices to your phone and/or watch.

This is much more than I'd hoped for. Thanks!

1 Like

Did you set something up as I dont get anything from Octopod when its finished....

I think there's a separate plugin you have to install to get the push notifications to work.

You need a iPhone (don’t know if it’s available for android), then install this app on your phone:

I’m assuming you have installed OctoPod plugin on your Octoprint.

Then follow instructions from OctoPod

Printoid is an Android equivalent that is based on OctoPod and also has a similar push notification plugin. There is a Lite version and a Premium version, both of which support the push notifications from the plugin.

1 Like

Cheers, I didnt know you had to install it on the pi also, working now thanks again :slight_smile:

1 Like