Spaghetti Detective and Octoprint Anywhere install failing

I am trying to install the Spaghetti Detective from the plugin repository.

Everything works fine until Octoprint restarts after installation. At this point there should be a setup wizard that appears but, it does not. In checking the list of installed plugins, Spaghetti Detective is there , but the setup wizard fails to load.

I also attempted the same procedure with Octoprint Anywhere (after uninstalling Spaghetti) with the same results.

What is causing the wizard to fail?

My crystal ball says - upload the logs :wink:
Also quick tagging for @Kenneth_Jiang

Thank you for tagging me @PrintedWeezl .

Users have occasionally reported wizards not loaded after plugin is installed. In this case, you can just go to OctoPrint -> settings -> The Spaghetti Detective. The settings there are exactly the same as the wizard. @Cassault

1 Like

@Kenneth_Jiang I just attempted again and there is no heading for the detective, here are the logs:
octoprint (1).log (413.3 KB)

Sorry for whatever reason I just received the email about your post. Sorry for the delay @Cassault looking at your log now.

From the log file it looks like an issue known to happen rarely but randomly. Somehow one or more of the dependencies can't be installed automatically.

Can you ssh to the Pi and run /home/pi/oprint/bin/pip install raven==6.10.0. Then restart OctoPrint and it should work now. Let me know if it's not the case. @Cassault

@Kenneth_Jiang I tried the command you suggested but i got an error "requirement already satisfied in: raven==6.10.0 in ./oprint/lib/python2.7/sitepackages (6.10.0)"

You can pin the version of raven here if it needs a particular version.

You can try to uninstall the plugin and re-install it, and/or uninstall raven and re-install it. But from what you described I feel the python environment is quite messed up. I'd re-flash the SD card if it is an option....

@Kenneth_Jiang Reflashing now... Will update once things are up and running again

@Kenneth_Jiang Octoprint flashed and spaghetti detective functioning normally! thanks for the help!

:tada:

You are welcome!