Stop initial connection sending '$$' to device

Hi,

When Octoprint tries to auto-connect to my device when Octoprint first starts up (say after power on) it sends the command '$$' to the device. I need to be able to stop it from doing this.

After the initial connection drops out (as the $$ is causing an Alarm on my other device because it's not in a state to receive and process the command) then when I press connect it does connect and keep the connection so that I'm then able to continue working with Octoprint.

This the serial chatter showing the first attempt after power on and then the second attempt after pressing the connect button:

Changing monitoring state from "Offline" to "Opening serial connection"
Connecting to port /dev/ttyACM0, baudrate 115200
Changing monitoring state from "Opening serial connection" to "Connecting"
Connected to: Serial<id=0xb14738f0, open=True>(port='/dev/ttyACM0', baudrate=115200, bytesize=8, parity='N', stopbits=1, timeout=30.0, xonxoff=False, rtscts=False, dsrdtr=False), starting monitor
Recv: 
Recv: Grbl 1.1h ['$' for help]
Changing monitoring state from "Connecting" to "Operational"
Send: $$
Recv: >G1X10F2000:ok
Recv: error:8
Changing monitoring state from "Operational" to "Error: error:8"
Send: M112
Send: N1 M112*32
Send: N2 M104 T0 S0*35
Changing monitoring state from "Error: error:8" to "Offline (Error: error:8)"
Connection closed, closing down monitor
Changing monitoring state from "Offline" to "Opening serial connection"
Connecting to port /dev/ttyACM0, baudrate 115200
Changing monitoring state from "Opening serial connection" to "Connecting"
Connected to: Serial<id=0xa9e48fb0, open=True>(port='/dev/ttyACM0', baudrate=115200, bytesize=8, parity='N', stopbits=1, timeout=30.0, xonxoff=False, rtscts=False, dsrdtr=False), starting monitor
Recv: 
Recv: Grbl 1.1h ['$' for help]
Changing monitoring state from "Connecting" to "Operational"
Recv: >G1X10F2000:ok

Any suggestions would be great, thanks.
Lewis

Stock OctoPrint doesn't do this. You are probably using a plugin that does this.

Yes, you're correct thanks. After disabling non bundled plugins the behaviour stops.