Struggle to Create Account

When I was trying to create my account (not via google, github, etc...) I had green texts saying all the details I entered were fine, but when I hit "Create" I got a message saying "Incorrect username, email, or password."
Clearly my username is not incorrect, and I'm not sure how my password can be incorrect, since I hadn't created the account yet. My email isn't incorrect and I don't see how the server could think it was, since it's not emailed me to confirm.
I've created my account via Google; Not ideal as I never use that email account.
Any ideas what I might have been doing wrong?

thanks for letting us know - we will look into it :+1:

Sorry, I can't see anything wrong there and I also am not able to debug this at this point. It might have been something about your email address upsetting discourse maybe, but that's the only idea I have right now. Would have been interesting to know if you would have run in the same issues on a different browser. You should still be able to change your email address now.

First experiment was in Chrome. I've just repeated the experiment in Edge and it went through first time.
Email address changed, thanks.