TPLinkSmartplug 0.9.19 Beta Testers Needed

Ok. So I’m not sure if the idle is 100% working. My printer is currently on, and at 23 Celsius for hotend and bed. My idle target temp is set for 33. It has been on since at least this morning. Unfortunately I don’t know when I powered it on.

My idle timeout is set to 3 minutes(for testing) and it still hasn’t shut off. I’m not sure what to try here. Any ideas as to why it wouldn’t have turned off? The printer has definitely been idle. I have done a print in a couple days.

Use Countdown timers if you want to power off after shutting down the pi. Make sure to make the timer delay longer than the system command delay.

Verify you enabled the option on the individual plug's setting. I think it should have transgerred, but just want to make sure. Enabled debug logging and then comb through the plugin_tplinksmartplug_debug.log

Ah. I didn’t realize I needed to enable it on the plug. Sure how it turned off on my first test. I’m guessing the psu plugin was at play.

Because my plugin can control multiple devices I wanted to give the option versus simply powering off every added plug.

It was easier to program versus subtracting 1 from that assignment. The calls to the plug for children (each individual plug) is a 0 indexed array. And obviously I geek a lot, I wrote several plugins to control many various power plug/relay devices.

You know I'm messing with you, right? :wink:

Screen Shot 2020-03-08 at 5.42.53 PM

• Seems to result in what I'm looking for
  • Shuts down gracefully
  • Seems to take longer than 60 seconds (90 perhaps?) before toggling the power off but I'd rather it err on that side rather than too soon

Next

• Added GCODE Trigger with 60 second delay on shutdown
  • Reconfigured my TFT shutdown sequence to then send the @TPLINKOFF syntax over to the plugin side of things
  • Was surprised that this was the delay-before-doing-anything sort of delay (making this a two-minute process overall (so I've now knocked that down to 3 seconds, as before)

Just pushed updates to the same branch as before with improved tooltips interface to better explain the settings. I think I got them all in there, including on the plug editor pop-up.

1 Like

I'm noting that in my browser it required a hard-reload to get the new features (defeating the browser's cache).

So for Cost per kWh, I assume that PG&E's $0.20/kWh means that I plug in 0.20 there.

Yeah, force refresh is required when there isn't a version bump. Your assumption is correct for cost.

1 Like

Does this plugin work with the Kasa Power Strip? Amazon has it for $30 bucks today and it would be perfect for my printer, but I just want to make sure it will work before buying it.

Not 100% sure on the smaller 3 port, but I use the bigger brother HS300 and it does. Should in theory work with any kasa based plug/strip.

Thanks. I’m going to pull the trigger on it.

@simpat1zq, please let me know if it does so I can update the readme of known compatible devices.

It's probably an OEM special version of TP-Link's and it's likely compatible.

Did you get a fix for this as my HS110 has stopped working for a couple of weeks now. I get the same grey icon spinning but nothing happens now. Used to work perfectly. The icon used to be green.

Enable debug logging and restart octoprint. Try pressing the gray button and then share your octoprint.log and plugin_tplinksmartplug_debug.log.

I have an HS105, Firmware 1.0.18 and am having the same issue. Log files for your use attached.

octoprint (1).log (5.5 KB) plugin_tplinksmartplug_debug.log (4.6 KB)

Yep, I think you might be running into a firmware issue potentially with your plug. There have been reports of recent firmware updates breaking the capability of communicating directly to these devices not only in this project but also here and documented here on the github readme. From my understanding if you never connect to cloud control or update the firmware on new devices it may still work. Not sure if you can revert firmware or not.

I uninstalled it and reinstalled the plugin, and today it has started working again :man_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

I'm an idiot and changed the IP on the Shutdown Printer plugin but didn't do the same on your plugin (TPL). Still working on firmware 1.0.18.