Trying to install easy servo

Gitting Error:
Job for pigpiod.service failed because the control process exited with error code.
See "systemctl status pigpiod.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.

Folowed GitHub - iFrostizz/OctoPrint-EasyServo: Here is a simple plugin to control 2 servos using the OctoPrint Control tab. It can be used for example to move your camera wirelessly

Roy

Could you run those two commands and post the output?

How and where do I run the commands?

Sorry new at this.

no problem :slight_smile:

just in the ssh command line

This is what I get:

C:\Users\Roy Marshall>ssh systemctl status pigpiod.service
ssh: Could not resolve hostname systemctl: No such host is known.

C:\Users\Roy Marshall>ssh journalctl -xe
option requires an argument -- e
usage: ssh [-46AaCfGgKkMNnqsTtVvXxYy] [-B bind_interface]
[-b bind_address] [-c cipher_spec] [-D [bind_address:]port]
[-E log_file] [-e escape_char] [-F configfile] [-I pkcs11]
[-i identity_file] [-J [user@]host[:port]] [-L address]
[-l login_name] [-m mac_spec] [-O ctl_cmd] [-o option] [-p port]
[-Q query_option] [-R address] [-S ctl_path] [-W host:port]
[-w local_tun[:remote_tun]] destination [command]

oh you just have to connect to your pi :slight_smile:

ssh pi@octopi.local

or

ssh pi@octopi

password raspberry

SSH (Secure SHell) is a communications protocol used to create a secure terminal connection. Most Raspberry Pi / OctoPi / OctoPrint configurations are "headless" meaning they don't have a keyboard or monitor attached.

The normal mode of communicating with OctoPrint is with a web browser. Sometimes troubleshooting requires access to the command line which is where SSH comes into play. On the machine you normally run your browser on, you will need an SSH client. Windows and MacOS both have clients installed by default but in the Windows case, many people prefer PuTTY.

The first step is to establish an SSH connection to your RPi. This provides a terminal or console window on your client computer. You will login with the username pi and the password raspberry or whatever you have changed it to. You can search for a how to use SSH tutorial if you need additional help.

Once you have a connection, you will type the commands @PrintedWeezl asked for. You should be able to cut and paste the output here using the </> tool so that we get the exact output.

Does ssh work when your are in pi? I thought only sudo work there

Ok, I got this. Is this any help?

[pi@Snapmaker1:~ $ sudo systemctl status pigpiod.service
● pigpiod.service - Daemon required to control GPIO pins via pigpio
Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/pigpiod.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Mon 2021-12-13 11:00:32 EST; 5h 37min ago
Process: 25225 ExecStart=/usr/bin/pigpiod -x -l (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

Dec 13 11:00:32 Snapmaker1 systemd[1]: Starting Daemon required to control GPIO pins via pigpio..
Dec 13 11:00:32 Snapmaker1 pigpiod[25225]: invalid -x option (-l)
Dec 13 11:00:32 Snapmaker1 systemd[1]: pigpiod.service: Control process exited, code=exited, stat
Dec 13 11:00:32 Snapmaker1 systemd[1]: pigpiod.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
Dec 13 11:00:32 Snapmaker1 systemd[1]: Failed to start Daemon required to control GPIO pins via p
lines 1-10/10 (END)

This line in your service:
ExecStart=/usr/bin/pigpiod -x -l
Should be -1. not -l That's a number one, not a letter L.

1 Like

Thanks to all. I was able to get it working. Changing l to a 1 did the trick. When in terminal tex is very small. Thanks again.

1 Like