Users of Spoolman where do you have your install?

I'm interested in trying Spoolman GitHub - Donkie/Spoolman: Keep track of your inventory of 3D-printer filament spools.

It supports Debian or Docker installs, was wondering what OctoPrint users were doing. Install to OctoPrint Debian host, or to Docker?

I'm not sure if I'll hit snags installing, so would appreciate knowing the common use-case to reach out for tips.

I'd say if you already had the docker infrastructure in your local network then use it. Otherwise, I would probably install directly on the underlying OS of OctoPi.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. I was waiting for others to respond as well, but perhaps Spoolman is not so popular among OctoPrint users, perhaps because of the (now unmaintained) Filament Manager / Spool Manager plugin.

My installation of Spoolman is installed on a Synology NAS using Docker & Portainer. Instructions for this setup can be found here Spoolman Installation
Spoolman works great alongside Octoprint allowing easy selection of filaments and upon completion of a print job it automatically updates the remaining quantity.

How do I do that?
I just found this thread, and I'm trying to start using Spoolman. I installed it on my windows pc at first using Docker, but I realized it had to be turned on for the Octoprint plugin to be able to update the spool weight... So now I want to install it on the pi running octoprint if possible, but I can't figure out how :smiley:

I have a host running docker already so just spun it up on that using docker. Works great.