Weird webcam server type issues w/ Octolapse

My webcam stream is visible in Control and the Octolapse Webcam Setup tests check out. When, however, I try to edit Custom Image Preferences, I get the following error:

Unable To Enable Custom Preferencesunknown-server-type: An unknown webcam server type 'Werkzeug/0.15.6 Python/2.7.13' is being used for the 'piCam' camera profile. Currently only MJPEGStreamer is supported. Unable to apply custom image preferences.

I'm suspicious this may be Octoprint Anywhere's doing because when I disable OA, I no longer see anything from the webcam; the webcam is only ever operational with Octoprint Anywhere installed and active.

How can I specify my webcam server type so that I can get the best Octolapses? Thanks.

1 Like

@mikejkelley, I believe Octoprint Anywhere uses its own built-in server, which does not support the mjpegstreamer control.htm page, unfortunately. If you want to use the custom image preferences, you'll need to use mjpgstreamer.

1 Like

Have you found the issue ? i have exactly the same error that you had. Im looking for some help to get my logitec c270 to work with octolapse. Thanks !

The issue is getting the custom image preferences to work while using Octoprint Anywhere or the Spaghetti Detective. Octolapse itself (taking a timelapse) should work just fine. What issue are you seeing exactly?

1 Like

Im getting the same error message in octolapse when i try to enable custom image preferences . Unable to reach the control page manualy. Unable To Enable Custom Preferencesunknown-server-type: An unknown webcam server type 'Werkzeug/0.15.6 Python/2.7.13' is being used for the 'c270cam' camera profile. Currently only MJPEGStreamer is supported

If you are using the 25FPS streaming option on The Spaghetti Detective you can't use the custom image preferences in OctoLapse.

2 Likes

I got Octolaps to work with the ability to edit image preferences yesterday, but today I get this error message. I tried to uninstall The Spagetti Detective. If I uninstall TSD I have no image at all. I am using Raspi V2 cam. What could this problem be due to?

Skärmbild 2021-10-25 000554

Skärmbild 2021-10-24 230219