Windows userid and password

For those not wanting to enter their user id and password in Windows every time the start Octoprint, you're welcome to use this freeware program I wrote - https://www.aformfiller.com/

I haven't had to update it in over a year and a half, but it still works fine with W10.

In the keys to send field, just enter:
{!}{!}{!}{!}xxx{TAB}yyy{ENTER}
where xxx is your user id, and yyy your password.

Alternatively, if you have a Google Home, you can use another program I wrote - www.push2run.com to start Octoprint with your voice, however its a more involved to set up initially. For it, the keys to send are:
{wait999}{enter} {wait999}xxx{TAB}yyy{ENTER}
again where xxx is your user id, and yyy your password.

Hope this helps

and PS: before you ask - no, sorry, I don't have a version for the Mac.

Is source code available for either of these to allow for review and compiling on our own? I'd be hesitant to give anyone my login credentials.

2 Likes

Hi jneilliii - No, I haven't made them open source. I understand your hesitation. However, to help install confidence, I do digitally sign my executables with a code signing certificate. Also, if you want to read up some other freeware, careware and shareware products I have - going back as far as 1998 - then you are welcome to visit raltour.com.

It's just not "best practices" to ship your credentials to any third party, to be honest. The cloud-revolution has wrongly taught everyone to do so and yet I still don't love the practice.

1 Like