Wrong Build Plate Temperature

Wrong Build Plate Temperature

I was 3D printing at 60C for the Build plate then I requested 40C for the Build plate

It still 3D Prints at 60C Build plate

Not OctoPrint; I tried 3D Printing from an SD Card and it still Jumps temperature

It Jumps Temperature after Auto Bed Level just before the the actual print starts]

Set to 40C in Cura 3D Print using Octoprint Connection Prints at 60C

This appeared to take place at first: in the very next print, (same file), I lowered the Hot End Temperature from 205C to 195C this also appeared corrected the Build Plate Bed Temperature and not it prints with a Temperature of the asked for 40C. (so it appears that I have to change the Hot End Temperature as well, I may be able to change the hot end back to 205C and still keep 40C on the Build Plate, not tried yet)

BUT at the end of the 3D print it displayed 60C again for the build plate

Cura 5.7.0. beta 1

G-Code has M190 S40

Octoprint Connection 3.7.3

OctoPrint 1.9.3 Python 3.9.2 OctoPi* 1.0.0cam (build 2023.10.09.154319) Camera Stack

Marlin Marlin 2.1.2.1

The Fix:-
Marlin was

WAS

/**

• Auto-leveling needs preheating
    */
    #define PREHEAT_BEFORE_LEVELING // Protomaker Sprint
    #if ENABLED(PREHEAT_BEFORE_LEVELING)
    #define LEVELING_NOZZLE_TEMP 210 // Protomaker Sprint (°C) Only applies to E0 at this time
    #define LEVELING_BED_TEMP 60 // Protomaker Sprint
    #endif

Changed to i.e. commeted out

/**

#define LEVELING_NOZZLE_TEMP 210 // Protomaker Sprint (°C) Only applies to E0 at this time
#endif
*/

Asking for help:

Video on YouTube of OctoPrint Temperature Jump

From Cura through octoprint, I don't believe you can change the temp during a print. You can change it in octoprint, unless the. CUra Gcode has the temp setting repeated at each layer which will reset it to what it was originally sliced at

Not OctoPrint: I tried a 3D print directly from an SD Card and get the same issue

Thank You

I set to 40C for the Build Plate and the Hot End to 195C in Cura,

I go to 3D Print and it shows 40C for the Build Plate and Hot End at 195C as I request.

Then just after the Auto Level Bed, just before the 3D Print starts it jumps, ( The display message shows Preheating), to the old setting I used in the past i.e. From requested in Cura 195C Hot End and 40C for the Built Plate to 205C Hot End and 60C Build Plate after which it starts to 3D Print.

Please slice a simple object (5x5x5mm cube), verify that it has the issue, and upload the .gcode file. Also, please tell us what printer.

My guess is that the start gcode in Cura has temperature gcode commands that are hard coded to those specific temperatures.

1 Like

It does the increase Just Before the Auto Bed Level : Not a Cube here, but a quick print:-
Cura Reset Pin.gcode (456.8 KB)
SYSTEM octoprint-systeminfo-20240324204626.zip (165.4 KB)
Creality Ender 5 Plus, but some big medication

Not OctoPrint: I tried a 3D print directly from an SD Card and get the same issue

Thank You

Since you said that the temperature jump occurs both when printing from OctoPrint and printing from the SD card I believe that rules out any influence from OctoPrint GCODE scripts.

I searched the uploaded .gcode file for temperature commands plus messages and the auto level. As you can see (below) the bed temperature is only set at the start (lines 13, 15) and then again at the end (lines 15056, 15101, 15102).

I don't see an M117 command "Preheating" so I'm not sure where that is coming from.

I believe the next step(s) are to enable the serial.log in OctoPrint, add an M105 just before the G29 (line 149) and another one just after the M603 (line 160), print the file, and then upload a systeminfo bundle. (use the blue links for further instructions)

Search "M140|M190|M104|M109|M117|G28|G29" (16 hits in 1 file of 1 searched) [RegEx]
  C:\Users\Brad\Downloads\Cura Reset Pin.gcode (16 hits)
	Line    13: M140 S40
	Line    15: M190 S40
	Line    16: M104 S205
	Line    18: M109 S205
	Line    63: M117 Levelling Routines
	Line    66: G28 ; Home all axes.
	Line    68: M420 S1; After G28 Home. Level, use the mesh. M420 S1 Z Height to use
	Line    73: M117 Clean nozzle
	Line   149: G29 ; Autolevel the Print bed.
	Line   163: M117  Printing started
	Line 15056: M140 S0
	Line 15062: M104 S0 ; turn off temperature
	Line 15063: M104 S0 ; make sure the extuder is turned off.
	Line 15101: M190 R32; Seems to go at 54C and not 32C : (R instead of S wait for this Temperature
	Line 15102: M140 S0 ; make sure the bed is turned off.
	Line 15133: M104 S0

From examination of your previous systeminfo bundle, it looks like auto temperature reporting (M155) is enabled. By adding the M105 commands to force a temperature report we can hopefully isolate the exact command that is causing the temperature changes.

FIXED:-

The Fix:-
Marlin was

WAS

/**

*/
    #endif

Changed to i.e. committed out

/**

#endif
*/

@ProtomakerSprint :

Please use the editor feature Preformatted Text for your code snippets.

Format