Yawcam stream on windows install

What is the problem?
following your install instructions I installed yawcam. added the stream and snapshot string to octoprint. snapshot test worked fine, but the stream didn't.

What did you already try to solve it?

tested the url (replaced the VAR with the ip address) in a browser it didn't load. removed "/video.mjpg" and image showed in browser. updated octoprint, but I still get the stream unavailable error. is shows the URL set in the config. if I click on link browser loads the stream with out an issue.

Additional information about your setup (OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, octoprint.log, serial.log or output on terminal tab, ...)

checked octoprint.log it shows wed start etc, but no info about camera. checked the logging pace in config. octoprint.log is the only file that has data. checked dropdown and didn't see anything the ref. camera to enable.

any suggestions on how to troubleshoot?

thanks,
fatmann66

I am having the same issue. Though it was working. then stopped showing-in octoprint interface.
Printing so can restart the server yet. Did you find a resolution?

You might want to check this thread and/or ask @boethos3.

Depending on how it's all set up, I got the stream set as http://mypublic-IP:8081/video.mjpg

Make sure your are using the latest version of Yawcam. I'm at 0.6.2. At one point the options in yawcam only showed javacript or java applet. For some reason magically it later also showed mjpg. It worked for a while selecting the javascript, too. but I prefer the mjpg.
Some cameras don't stream in mjpg. I found docs that show that mine doesn't, but it is working. Go figure.