0.17 file corrupted on SD card?

Ok, testing with a different SD card reader. Up is read/write, down is write protected. My current card reader was throwing errors when using the first adapter (which was new from the SanDisk package)

One more thought. Is it possible you got a fake SD card? Here is something from the SanDisk website

I checked my adapter and SD card and both have numbers.

Evening TxBillbr, yes I did try different cards and different readers, even sneak into my wife's laptop and try, but get the same error. I do check the little tab on the adapter card to make sure it is not switched to written protection. I do run windows 10 on my ASUS laptop and this is the first time I ever been stumped by this error. I watched as many YouTube videos on the Octoprint program and really want to use it, even bought a Raspberry Pi 3b+ just for this purpose.

I am stumped as well. I have not had a problem with this part of the process. I have 6 rPi and 8 Beaglebone computers and they all use the same process. The weird part is that the image md5sum matches the published one. That means that the image is valid.

Yes I know that is why I can't figure it out, I am at the point to uninstall Windows 10 and reinstall if I have to as it's something in the program somewhere.

Computed on my end:
8a550602b8ccc5df8381924757f88ab9 octopi-buster-lite-0.17.0.zip

Github MD5
MD5Sum of the .zip: 8a550602b8ccc5df8381924757f88ab9

Is that what you got?

Yes I got the same also when I ran MD5 program and the numbers matched.

I was running an older version of Etcher (1.5.52). Downloading 1.5.81 to see if I can reproduce the problem. ... So I downloaded the portable version of Etcher just in case it was broken. Ran that and burned the image in question to a 32G SanDisk SD in an adapter. Pulled it and re-inserted and all the right stuff is in all the right places. I have to say there is something messed up in your system. I am totally stumped. I would start suspecting usb hub, damaged usb cable... I just don't know. Have you tried running Etcher as administrator to see if is a permissions problem?

1 Like

Woo-hoo, that worked TxBillbr, l downloaded Etcher 1.5.52 and it completely worked. Surprisingly a older program can sometimes do the trick. I really thank you for all your help and everyone else who tried to help me. Thank you.

2 Likes

Awesome! Glad to hear that we got there. :fist:

1 Like

Up and running!!!!! Love this program, now lots of learning ahead. Thank you to everyone who gave me input to get running.

1 Like