1.4.1 Update issue

octoprint.2020-08-04.log (2.9 MB)

What is the problem?

Successful up date of 1.4.1 but Camera does not work now. Everything was working fine before the update. I have a Dorhea Camera Module for Raspberry Pi 3 b+ Webcam Camera 5MP 1080p OV5647 HD Video Webcam on Raspberry Pi 3 b+. The unit has been working well until the update.

What did you already try to solve it?

I checked connections to the Camera incase anything had been bumped, but all was well.

Complete Logs

octoprint.log (1.3 MB) serial.log (741.2 KB)

WRITE HERE

Additional information about your setup

I am running a standard Octoprint/octopi configuration and it has been controlling a Sidewinder X1 with the Firmware it shipped with.

Ditto - updated today and see the same thing. Working fine yesterday, updated to 1.4.2, now not working.

2020-08-06 23:33:14,091 - octoprint.plugins.astroprint - ERROR - Error getting camera status: HTTPConnectionPool(host='127.0.0.1', port=8080): Max retries exceeded with url: /?action=snapshot (Caused by NewConnectionError('<urllib3.connection.HTTPConnection object at 0x67732af0>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 111] Connection refused',))

Hello @Ed_Wilts!

As you updated to 1.4.2 and not to 1.4.1 as the OP, you should start a new thread.
And please add logs as the OP did.

1 Like

You both updated OctoPrint. The camera isn't controlled by OctoPrint, it's controlled by a streaming server running on OctoPi. No, the two are not the same thing. No, the camera not working cannot be caused by updating just OctoPrint, unless third party plugins are messing with things. Which is why you should try safe mode now (there's a link there, click it). And if the problem persists it's time to check if the camera's light is on, if mjpg-streamer is running, and so on.

I never tried the obvious - rebooting the pi. Sigh, I know better.
A quick reboot and all was well again.

Thanks foosel!