2 Pis but different performance?

What is the problem? As a new user of both the Raspberry Pi and Octopi I was very happy to get my installation working very well on a Rapberry Pi 3B+ with 7" 'official' touch screen and Logitech C270 webcam. It controlls the printer very effectively and I have captured several quite impressive Octolapse videos. I decided to buy an identical 3B+ to use for other tasks (exploration of programming). When it arrived I swapped the micro SD to the new 3B+ intending to use the one with touch screen attached for programming - now I have ironed out the initial bugs, I no longer need to contact the Octopi installation directly
The octoprint SD appears to work on the new Pi 3B+ (as expected) BUT......... athough the webcam will show snapshots, it fails to stream video?????? I have swapped the SD card back and forth between the Pis several times and always get the same result!

What did you already try to solve it? I am using the same power supply (in case it was a power issue when using a different one) the same camera and the same connection to my Anycubic S printer. I have tried swapping to different usb ports with both camera and printer and using different power suplies but nothing changes. I can access the Octoprint setup from several different computers on my home network but all give the same result; a working snapshot but no stream All show the video stream when I swap the SD card to the original Pi. As far as I am aware........................... every aspect of Octopi is on the SD card and as the two Raspberry Pis are both new (within the last week) and exactly the same model........ they should perform in exactly the same way..... what am I missing????

Additional information about your setup (OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, octoprint.log, serial.log or output on terminal tab, ...)
I'm using the latest Octopi image and when running it displays:
l>OctoPrint 1.3.10 running on OctoPi 0.16.0<

Do you connect to the Pi via octopi.local or via IP address?
Keep in mind, that the other Pi gets another IP address from the router because it has another MAC address.
In the settings the IP address of the first webcam setup is stored.
You may check that address.

Good point............. I connect via octopi.local. However...... my first Pi has a reserved address so I guess the new one will work over octopi.local but stream via its own IP address. I'll check that out, thanks!

Problem solved........... many thanks Ewald.......... changed the stream to the new IP and everything works fine :grin:

1 Like