7” Raspberry Pi touch screen help

What is the problem?
It has taken me days to get to this point. I am in the command prompts and I can’t get to desktop mode to operate Octoprint

What did you already try to solve it?
I have uninstalled Octoprint several times because I couldn’t get passed the login request.. thinking I was putting in the wrong user ID. Now that I figured out how to log in, I’m not sure what exactly to do to get me to a desktop. I’ve tried typing: sudo ~/scripts/install-desktop and it’s telling me either invalid command of file doesn’t exist

Additional information about your setup (OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, octoprint.log, serial.log or output on terminal tab, ...)

Hardware: Raspberry pi3 b+. Raspberry pi 7” touch screen
OctoPrint version: 1.3.8
OctoPi version: 0.15.1

Thanks in advance

Try sudo /home/pi/scripts/install-desktop
If that doesn't work, then type sudo find / -name install-desktop to see where the file is at

Ok I’ll try it. Just got home and I was actually staring at it lol. Thanks!

We’ll it looked like it did work, but after it went through a slough of script, it asked me to reboot.

I did and the Raspberry logo came up and a login prompt came up as well. So I entered my login info and it took me back to the command prompt instead of the desktop

sudo raspi-config and adjust what happens on bootup, as in "boot automatically to the GUI as pi".